Mason jar for $2,000+

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MedBottle1

Reaction score
Could very well be a repro. Not saying it is because I am more of a med collector, but glass this expensive I would be extremely wary about. Imagine having a careless mailman/deliveryman :(

MedBottle1

Reaction score
Look at his feedback. He is doing some serious selling for $$$.

rallcollector

Reaction score
Looks very legit to me, not a repro. Smooth lip, with embossed dots on the bottom in 1/2 gallon size are out there. Usually mostly aqua swirled with green, and sometimes amber tones. One sold for $140 a couple weeks ago, but the pictures they used in the auction were very poor, so it was a guess at best as to condition. In good condition, with no damage, I would have guessed $350-500 as an ending price. It looks as tho someone plugged in a crazy I don't want to lose out to one more bid dollar amount, then someone else had the same idea. Getting the $2K bid is great, but getting the $2K in your paypal account is another animal. Paul

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
[:D] I guess when the new price guides come out they' have to say $300- $2000.$300-500 sounds a little more realistic.

Sir.Bottles

Reaction score
Those bicolor bottles or glass worth a fortune.[light]I strongly agreed with cowseatmaize. I'am not a mason jar person but for $250 I'll think about it.that's trully a beatiful jar but for $2000 I prefer a nicer bottles. I'll got a nice I mean real nice gin. For $2000. this is my personal opinion no offense please.[:)]

zecritr

Reaction score
Nice jar that started out at 99 cents so someone must think it is worth that much, at 2014.00 when i looked, whewman i need to go hunting in some old barns LOL

botlguy

Reaction score
I have one or two similar jars in my collection, actually one that is every bit as good as that one. I can just about guarantee that the seller is astounded. It is a super example but worth 25% of the hammer price in most cases. But that's what makes auctions exciting, one never knows what will happen. If you really want to do research on such jars check out Greg Spurgeon's past auction results.

MNJars

Reaction score
Yep, that one went way over the going rate. I think the seller of that jar is a forum member here, if I'm not mistaken.

FitSandTic

Reaction score
I know this gentleman and have sold him bottles before. He is a member here and a honest man. He was shocked at what his jar brought. He is actually getting ready to go overseas because he is a military man. Auctions are weird like this sometimes and it only takes two. I have heard that some of the sheiks buyers have been at it again and they purchased a semi cabin bitters for $4000 the other night. I also head a regular fish bitters brought over a thousand the other night.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese