med bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

piratemom

Reaction score
thanks for the info. You would not belive the Smell coming from the one with the liquid in it, I had to put it in a ziplock[:D]

The trid has 3iii on the back just below the shoulder the bottom has 6 then a square with a c inside of it then another 6

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Jeanne, I can imagine the smell. I have dug 3 medicine bottles with the contents still in them but luckily they all had ground glass stoppers that were stuck tight and no smell could escape.
Pontil scars can be hard to identify sometimes, (especially with the different kinds of scars) but here is a tip to remember.... If there is embossment on the base, your bottle is not pontil scarred. Hope this helps, Kelley

Jim

Reaction score
Hi Jeanne, The iii after the 3 on your medicine bottle is the size. The old pharmacy medicine bottles used Roman numerals to denote the size. I have a big 32 ounce one with 3xxxii.

I dug up a nice Vapo-Cresolene poison bottle recently that was half full of its original contents....a nasty, coal-tar based gunk that was used in old vapor inhalers. Before bringing it home, I pulled the half-rotted cork and dumped the stuff. A week later, I could still smell cresolene at that spot of the dump [:'(]. Nice bottles you found, thanks for sharing the pics. ~Jim

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikis1981