Members who don't post...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

geezer39

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RICKJJ59W

ORIGINAL: geezer39

ORIGINAL: epackage

I see someone right now who has been a member here since 2007 and still hasn't posted ever and I just wonder how that's possible. I figure if you're still coming here after 4 years you must like the place, I know I'm a BIG MOUTH here but I can't imagine never posting one thing in 4 years.....Oh Well just sayin'......Jim

They may just be leery of the response. I was on a forum years ago, I think commenting about how was nice about where we all live. I said something about the"great white north" meaning we get a lot of snow here. Man, some of them really took me down. Guess they thought I was making a racist remark. I wasn't.
Never went back to that forum.

The key is not to give a rats ass what people think [8D]
Got a much thicker skin now. This was when I was just getting into online forums. It was definitely not a bottle, coin or comic forum.

Rockhounder55

Reaction score
"Wake up everyday so you can look every damn man in the face an' tell him to go to hell."

Great one Plumby. My new words to live by. [:D][:D][:D][:D] ~Mike

slag pile digger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

--Type who spend a day looking, digging, shopping for bottles, and can't wait to get home and show us what they got, and only decide how they feel about their acquisitions after reading feedback from us.. it's just a phase..[;)]

I'M STILL WAITING!!!!!........LOL

FEAA5495BAF447EBB3FC37FBA30BE3BA.jpg

Attachments

• FEAA5495BAF447EBB3FC37FBA30BE3BA.jpg
    FEAA5495BAF447EBB3FC37FBA30BE3BA.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 67

ajohn

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

Well this is my last post here, I find it hard to believe that asking a simple question out of curiosity could botther so many people, and Charlie I was nothing but nice when I pm'd the 2 members.

Thanx to all of you for what you have brought to my life in the way of bottles and also just everyday things outside the bottle world, it has been a great experience and I'm sorry for being such a PITA.....Have fun and keep digging....Jim
What???Gimmie a break there Jimmy!Where I come from ifn we accidentally hurt someone's feelings we apologized.If they wouldn't accept the apology it only showed where they were vulnerable.So then we would let em have it with both barrels[8D].
But I don't live there anymore[&o]....The new place I come from teaches me to pray for them[:mad:] [8|]...Every once in a while I forget where I come from[;)].
The point of all this nonsense Jim,is the idea that there's not a one of us that is gonna please all the people all the time.If someone chooses to remain pissed off then let em,and don't let them dictate life.
I hope you're a bigger man and remain on this forum.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Before you leave ABN forever, Jim, hear me out:
I still don't understand what compelled you to introduce this subject, but it seems you've failed to raise the ire of your fellow forum blabbermouths, and there will be no mobs with torches and pitch forks routing out the silent ones from their beds. The only person who should care or not if we have lurkers is the owner of the forum, and he's perfectly capable of dealing with them if he so chooses.
I don't detect, upon reading this thread through, that you have bothered any of us who posted, and certainly not me. I found it somewhat amusing, actually, and ran with it a bit, and I do sincerely apologize to you, Jimbalaya, if I rubbed you the wrong way with any of my comments!
..and that's a public apology, it counts double over a private one..[;)]

kwalker

Reaction score
If Jim leaves then I really think it's been made clear that when you give someone and inch, they take a mile. Give someone a thread they don't like and see how bad they can tear the creator apart...

bostaurus

Reaction score
On line conversations can be tricky....sometimes nuance and emotion do not translate to the page or they seem to be there when they were not intended.
Don't go away Jim...you may be prickly but you belong here with us..

carobran

Reaction score
they dont like the thread,they aint got to read it....simple as that[8|][:mad:][&:][sm=lol.gif]..................and to those who dont like this thread..........[:-]

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I emailed Jim... He seems resolute in his leaving of the forum, at least for a while... He says this place needs a break from him, and he from it. I couldn't disagree more! But he made up his mind. Hopefully he'll rejoin us eventually... I know I could never leave this place, even if I tried... [;)][8D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960