Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Mercurochrome Bottle in wooden box

TxBottleDigger

Jul 1, 2020
Texas Hill Country
Hi guys, this is my first post. I just brought back this Mercurochrome bottle in it’s original wooden box from my great grandparents house. I have looked up the bottles and cannot seem to find this variant. I believe it’s anywhere from the 1920s to the 1930s. Does anyone know anything about it?

Attachments

Dogo

DOGO
Apr 8, 2020
Central NJ
Your bottle was made by the Obear-Nester Glass Co. of East St Louis, Ill some time after 1915.
Were there any markings on the box? I have never seen mercurochrome in a wooden box, but there's always a first time.

TxBottleDigger

Jul 1, 2020
Texas Hill Country
I don't think it came in that box...just somewhere someone tucked it.
Looks like it would go in it. I have a feeling that’s what it came in. Maybe it was how they did it at the local pharmacy? Even if it’s not the original box that the medicine came in it’s really old and neat. It makes prefect for putting the bottle in and displaying it.

Millertyme

Jul 1, 2020
Hi guys, this is my first post. I just brought back this Mercurochrome bottle in it’s original wooden box from my great grandparents house. I have looked up the bottles and cannot seem to find this variant. I believe it’s anywhere from the 1920s to the 1930s. Does anyone know anything about it?
This bottle is Amazing!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Outbackrhodes