Milk glass fragment ID

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tomf

Reaction score
Can anybody help me identify this milk glass fragment? I realise there's little to go on and most likely it's not part of a bottle, perhaps a jar. A ball-park date would be useful, if nothing else.

20220215_140632.jpg

20220215_140800.jpg

It was found amongst obsidian flakes at an old indian site in California. May have been repurposed as a crude knife.

Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong forum or if this inquiry is too off topic.

Thanks.

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Part of some type of serving dish maybe? Or the base to a lamp? It looks like some sort of reusable item to me, not anything which would have had a product sold in it. Not sure how easy that sort of thing is to date, it's far outside of my area of knowledge.

tomf

Reaction score
Part of some type of serving dish maybe? Or the base to a lamp? It looks like some sort of reusable item to me, not anything which would have had a product sold in it. Not sure how easy that sort of thing is to date, it's far outside of my area of knowledge.
Thanks for you reply. I agree that it might be some sort of dish or small steep-sided bowl. I think it's too thin for a cold cream jar. Any thoughts on the pattern style? Could it be european? The embossing is pretty delicate and rather elaborate. As for dates, it would be awesome to know if it's 19th or 20th century.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Thanks for you reply. I agree that it might be some sort of dish or small steep-sided bowl. I think it's too thin for a cold cream jar. Any thoughts on the pattern style? Could it be european? The embossing is pretty delicate and rather elaborate. As for dates, it would be awesome to know if it's 19th or 20th century.
I have absolutely no idea on that I'm afraid. I'm not sure if there's even any way to tell.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen