Milk of Magnesia

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Don

Reaction score
About 30 years ago, I discovered an old dump site used by my relatives behind a cherry orchard above a house which is now about 140 years old. I found my first old bottles there. Even a safety razor that has gears on top that when you twist the lower part of the handle, these gears on the top of the razor open it to insert a new blade. Unfortunaltely, I left it there and now the dump site is a new neighborhood. anyway, I found about 3, 5" high cobalt blue "Milk of Magnesia" bottles there with cork tops. Anyone know when these were made? The seam stops below the neck.

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
Cork M.O.M bottles were made from about 1906-1920. I'm not sure if there were ABM corks M.O.M's or not.[:D]

Don

Reaction score
Thank you, digger.1906 is kind of late for cork tops isn't it? What are ABM corks?

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
Welcome. No, 1906 is definetly not late for a cork top. Bottles were produced with cork tops until the mid-30's. ABM stands for "Automatic bottle Machine". ABM bottles have the seams go all the way to the top. BTW, I have since found out there WERE ABM cork M.O.M's, so your's would acuctually date about 1906-1910 or somewhere around there.[;)]

Don

Reaction score
Thanks again, digger. These M.O.M. bottle seams stop just above the sholder of the bottle, this is why I thought they must be pre 1900. The neck and top are hand made.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter