Mini wine bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Catcat16

Reaction score
They look like miniature milk bottles. I haven't seen any of those either. Possibly small product sample bottles, of what I don't know. Interesting.
Thanks for the reply. That’s an interesting theory. I do find lots of milk bottles in my area but I couldn’t see the purpose in putting milk in something so small they are only about 4 inches or so. Maybe cream on the go or something? Lol idk

Catcat16

Reaction score
Every small liquor bottle I've seen were samples. There are many types of samples, in many styles, but I've never seen any like that before.

I'm just going to go all out and say it was Ghost Pepper Sauce. :D

haha thanks for the reply. Well dang someone must be using the heck out of a privy using that much hot sauce lol.The strange thing is I dig all over a huge location in the woods where houses outline all exits from the woods. (Imagin houses forming a huge circle and woods fill the center with a lake that runs directly through the center.) and I find those alllllllll over the woods a stretch of a bit over 1/2 a mile.

Catcat16

Reaction score
That's a new one on me, too. Never seen one, at least with that type top, which is what's throwing me off.

how so? Like a cork top? Seen what a wine bottle with that kind of top? If so I’m only calling it that because I’m this day and age that’s the shape of our wine bottles but back then I know this was more of a soda/beer style bottle shape.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
thanks for the reply! Yea I figured they woulnt go for much but no one on here seems to know what they are I can’t find them on the internet either... that wouldn't make it rare tho would it?
If you have a hundred of them, they definitely aren't rare. It doesn't take that many bottles existing for them to not be considered rare anymore. And rarity itself isn't enough to translate into value. I've got a bunch of local labeled pharmacy bottles from the 40s and 50s, and those could be one of a kind, but they still only sell for a few dollars each because not many people are looking for them. Most unembossed bottles (except when they're an unusual shape or colour like your green ink) aren't going to be of much interest to collectors unfortunately.

Patagoniandigger

Reaction score
I swear everytime I go digging I find about three of these. I’ve got about a hundred at Home. I’m sure they are on the internet somewhere but I can’t find them. They usually have no markings but sometimes they have numbers, but that doesn’t seem to help the search for “vintage tiny wine shaped bottles” anyone know what these are? I’m trying to sell them and I know they aren’t worth much but the internet usually gives me an idea of a ballpark estimate of where to start and maybe If I knew what to search I could possibly find what they go for. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
The miniatures appear pretty common to me

Patagoniandigger

Reaction score
This is a sort of some different miniatures I found out there all about 1970s 1980s but found 1900 era too. The older ones are clean saved in boxes.
20200309_175340-1.jpg
20200309_174149-1.jpg

Attachments

• 20200309_175340-1.jpg
    20200309_175340-1.jpg
    983.5 KB · Views: 222
  • 20200309_174149-1.jpg
    20200309_174149-1.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 187

Patagoniandigger

Reaction score
Your description of the area is fairly interesting. I guess you'll find some good staff in there. By the way the bottle 47 is fanny because the top is so out of proportion with the body:eek::D

Catcat16

Reaction score
Yea, I figured. I just see people selling everything online and I guess hopes it would be
If you have a hundred of them, they definitely aren't rare. It doesn't take that many bottles existing for them to not be considered rare anymore. And rarity itself isn't enough to translate into value. I've got a bunch of local labeled pharmacy bottles from the 40s and 50s, and those could be one of a kind, but they still only sell for a few dollars each because not many people are looking for them. Most unembossed bottles (except when they're an unusual shape or colour like your green ink) aren't going to be of much interest to collectors unfortunately.
yea I just see people selling them online (just plain non embossed bottles) all the time so I wasn’t sure how that worked you know like how would I even sell them. I was told selling those kinds in bulk would be my best bet. I know it doesn’t mean they will sell but hey a girl can dream lol.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaireS