Misspelled a&p bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cw18661

Reaction score
Thank You for welcoming me to your site. I read apost about misspelled a&p bottles. I happened to find one of these. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how rare this is, and what it might be worth. I have attached pics. Pacific is spelled Pacific.

Attachments

• 1592139164600205292141.jpg
    1592139164600205292141.jpg
    726.4 KB · Views: 131

treeguyfred

Reaction score
Hello cw, welcome to antique bottles. This is not a bottle I have encountered.... it automatically looks to me like an early machine-made bottle, prolly a sauce or vinegar bottle but that's just guessing with-out seeing pix of the base and the lip. But that's what The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea co. distributed, food products; table sauces, spices, flavoring extracts, etc.
Now, in the world of BIM bottles, a misspelling is not that uncommon. But I'd think that in the era of more modern manufacturing (post 1905 ->) a misspelling is a bit more scarce... try to remember that in collectibles, subject matter (genre) plays an important factor in value. Desirability = value. Rarity doesn't always = value.
I'm quite certain that someone here will have seen this bottle sell somewhere and be able to give a fair market estimate... remember full views of the bottle in question helps.
Thanks for participating here,
~Fred

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1