Monroe La. Straight side coke !

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mcdonaat

Reaction score
The bottles are in fair condition, not amazing condition, but you can distinctly tell what they are. I do still want the Monroe Coke one, but since the Biedenharn bottle is from across the river, I would be more likely to get rid of it. I can't figure out how to post photos directly, so I created a set of photos on Imgur. Here's the link - http://imgur.com/a/NbvUV

lesliewestbrook

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm found this site/thread while researching my Ouachita Valley brown Coca-Cola bottle just like the one discussed in this thread. It's the only other example I could find. It belonged to a woman who is now deceased, but lived her life in north Louisiana and collected brown bottles. Mine is in pretty good shape with just a couple of chips. I've been very intrigued reading through some of this thread. I just listed it on Ebay, offers and corrections are welcome. http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/272523400377?

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Haven't seen that style bottle before. To be perfectly honest, I don't think you will have any offers at that price.

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Also, Beidenharn didn't start OVBW, he purchased it. This bottle was before Beidenharn took over operations and changed the name to Ouachita.

lesliewestbrook

Reaction score
I honestly don't expect to sell at the buy-it-now price, but I purposely set it high so I wouldn't miss out on the best offer someone might be willing to make. I'll entertain all offers and interest. Thanks for the correction about the bottling company.

lesliewestbrook

Reaction score
If this bottle is from before Beidenharn took over, and he changed the name to Ouachita, then what did the "O" in "O.V.B.W." stand for before he purchased the bottling company? "O.V.B.W." is printed on the underside of my bottle.

Also, if what you say is correct, does that mean that the bottling company was bottling Coca-Cola before he purchased the company?

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Yes, Ouachita Valley Bottling Works was bottling Coca Cola before Beidenharn ever arrived in Monroe. He changed the name to Ouachita Coca Cola aka Ouachita Coca Cola and Candy Co.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles