More dump finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

kwalker

Reaction score
Over the past week I've hit my pre 1900 dump and found a few nice keepers. Along with tons of shards, one good cryer, and lots of china, I managed to pull 5 good bottles. The dump is hard to dig because there's almost like an oil shale layer over top of the trash layer which is full of rusty metal and coal ash. Found a nice olive wine bottle, Vaseline, Sewing Machine Oil, and a Rubifoam (?) Aside from that, I finally found my first local med. Even cooler, it's not even a 10 minute walk from where it used to be to my house. My 1886 aerial map of my town shows the pharmacy so this bottle dates to around there.

Group shot
003-4.jpg

Sperm Sewing Machine Oil. Embossing is barely there
005-6.jpg

Rubifoam for the Teeth/Put up by EW Hoyt & Co/Lowell, Mass. any info on this one?
006-5.jpg

My first local med [:D] F.P. Harris/Pharmacist/Woodstown, NJ
004-6.jpg

RedGinger

Reaction score
Well, Hoyt made a cologne, but I don't know if that company is related to your bottle. You'd think so, since they were both in Mass, if my memory is correct.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Nice local druggist w/ slug plate. I hope you can go back and dig more.

truedigr

Reaction score
Very nice finds. I like the dot to dot embossing on the Sewing Machine Oil. Really like the cool magnifying glass on that drugstore. Hope you find many more keepers in your dump. Robert

kwalker

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RedGinger

Well, Hoyt made a cologne, but I don't know if that company is related to your bottle.  You'd think so, since they were both in Mass, if my memory is correct.

After some research, you're right. Hoyt made both the cologne and my bottle here. Mine had a label on it originally on the back. This seems to date to 1890s

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson