Lots of midcentury finds - ACL's, more license plates, and relics!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sitcoms

Reaction score
I've posted about this dump before, and this is likely to be my main one for the rest of the year. While it is newer than what most would be considered worth their time, I've found a number of license plates and great mid-century bottles; even if they're not worth much they still display pretty great!

Here's a small showcase of my finds from July; there are plenty of cobalt and milks glass pieces that I didn't get a picture of, as well as some less-impressive embossed bottles (Lestoil's, Listerine, etc.) and some other relics. I'll have to grab pictures of the license plates from this month (Two Maine ones (1930, in good shape, and 1931, in poor shape) and a Connecticut one likely from the 1950s) and a few of the other bottles later.

Anyone have good methods for getting those rust stains off the ACL's without damaging them? The cleaned photos are just after a quick wash and wipe, trying to not damage them. I'm afraid that acids/lemon juice is going to cause them to flake right off.

image1.jpeg
image1 (2).jpeg
image2 (2).jpeg
image4 (2).jpeg

I'll post some before and after's of these ACL's and this Budweiser Big Size can. The brown jug has no names, but is one gallon in size. I'm amazed it survived!
image28.jpeg
image0 (1).jpeg
image4.jpeg
image25.jpeg
image5.jpeg
image21.jpeg

hemihampton

Reaction score
The Budweiser Beer Can dates from 1959 to 1962. Were there any other Beer Cans in that dump? look for Cone tops & ones with one big opening hole to open it. I collect those. LEON.

Sitcoms

Reaction score
The Budweiser Beer Can dates from 1959 to 1962. Were there any other Beer Cans in that dump? look for Cone tops & ones with one big opening hole to open it. I collect those. LEON.
That date falls right in line with when this dump operated (opened 1945-1946, closed in the early 60s).

I haven’t seen any cone tops, and really the only beer cans I’ve been seeing are National brand, and most of the graphics on those aluminum cans are gone. I will certainly keep an eye out for any though!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen