My buddy's collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
It appears that this may be the only room in the house he can display the bottles in, if not then I "personally feel" he is doing the whole digging and collecting thing a disservice by having the whole floor loaded with bottles so you can't even get to, and view the rest of the collection. He may be a "nice great guy", but it seems a bit odd to just fill the floor with them and not be able to enjoy looking at them and show them to others after all that hard work. Hope when his tim comes the people cleaning out that house don't just throw it all in a dumpster because they figured"Hey what could they be worth if he just left them all sitting on the floor like garbage ?"..... Hoarding is a disease with some people...

Oldihtractor

Reaction score
Anybody that is serious digger and puts in time in the dirt or a collector that looks hard, Amasses amazing amouts of stuff. How you keep and display it is your own deal how ever it makes you happy.. I have seen over the years Sheds full of antique tractors you could eat off of.. to sheds full of tractors coverdd in bird poo.. and both collectors were just as proud of what they had. And as a matter of fact the tractors with bird poo were way better than the shinny ones..

And as for bottles there are many many people with huge collections mashed is boxes scattered around etc etc.. all the way to glass walled rooms with inner and outter glass walls shelved in between and climate controlled..

It is to each his own and the real fact here is each is presevrving the past in thier own special way. Keeping it safe for the future to see and enjoy and other collectors new and old trade purchase or just look @ thru auctions shows. etc.. It is what makes the bottle world go round!!!

We all post pictures of our pretty well arranged collections but I am willing to bet most have boxes and boxes packed some place full of stuff.. Being bottles or what ever..

Check out this picture I would get told the same thing by collectors. With over 200 tractors piled up on each other But hey they are saved from the scrap man.. just like the bottles they are saved...

Here is the real question to be answered here !!! Is it not the reason why we collect to save the past???

D1159F6416BA4D4393F1FB411B4E3582.jpg

Attachments

• D1159F6416BA4D4393F1FB411B4E3582.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 83

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Oldihtractor

Check out this picture  I would get told the same thing by collectors. With over 200 tractors piled up on each other  But hey they are saved from the scrap man.. just like the bottles they are saved... 

Here is the real question to be answered here !!!  Is it not the reason why we collect to save the past???

Holy crap!! Now thats a lot of old metal [8D] Just think of how many miles of fields them baby's plowed!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
John this is an awesome pic!! But watch out, I think I see a kid trying to hotwire one of 'em.. [;)]

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Antiquenut

ORIGINAL: glass man

YEAH AND I AM SORRY IF I GOD -ED TOO MUCH!SCUSE ME I AM ALMOST HUMAN TOO! SOME TIME I HAVE A HARD TIME KNOWING WHAT TOO SAY WHEN I SHOULD SAY NOTHING AT ALL. JAMIE

I dont want you to not say anything at all Jamie.You always speak your mind and I respect that and usually agree.I was just surprised at your "passionate" response because that just didnt seem like you.I try very hard not to get excited and fail from time to time.You see, I am not almost human,right now,so it is harder for me than most to be calm considering what is going on in my life.Dont want you to think Im downin ya,I just like your input better when you are your usual tactful self.Its not WHAT is said to me(or others),its HOW it is said.I hope you understand.
I LIKE TACKFUL TOO,BUT LIKE ONE OR TWO OR THREE OR FIDY-TACKFUL AIN'T "ALWAYS" MY WAY! GETS A LITTE SUGERY SOME TIMES AND PUTS PEOPLE TO SLEEP! SPEAKING OF "SUGERY" ANY BODY GOT DIABETES KNOWS IT CAN MAKE YOU GROUCHY AS A 5 YEAR OLD MOMMA GRIZZLY BEAR WITH P. M.! GUESS WHAT Z SAID JUST KINDA JUMPED OUT AT ME! I AM SORRY Z! SOME TIMES I WONDER THOUGH IF SO MUCH "TACT" "DON'T OFFEND" WILL MAKE ALL THINK ALL IS OK AND THEY ARE GETTING "CODDLED" RIGHT INTO HELL? GEEZ,I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK TO THE DARK AGES,NO TORTURE! LIKE SOME BODY SAID GOD CAN HANDLE GOD!I AM FOR MERCY!I TELL YOU WHAT THOUGH IT IS HARD TO TALK BOUT THE LORD . BUT THAT DON'T STOP ME,BUT YEAH I DO WANT TO DO WITH LOVE. WHEN I FIRST SAW THE ROOM FULL OF BOTTLES ,IT REMINDED ME OF A ROOM I HAD BOUT 4 YEARS AFTER I STARTED COLLECTING. BOTTLES EVERY WHERE! BOUT HALF WERE JUST UGLY,VERY COMMON ,SCREWTOP. YOU COULD NOT SEE THE GOOD FOR THE BAD AND THE UGLY! GUESS MOST OF US WENT THROUGH THAT.ALL THIS GUYS BOTTLES MAY BE GREAT,BUT SO MANY I CAN HARDLY DISTINGUSH ONE FROM ANOTHER! IF THAT IS HOW HE LIKES IT GREAT! AND I DO THANK DELDIG FOR PUTTING THEM ON,BUT WE ALL HAVE BUTT HOLES! I MEAN OPINIONS![:)] I DECIDED TO GET RID OF MANY AND DISPLAY THE ONES I LOVED! EASIER TO APPRECIATE THE COLLECTION! LIKE A NICE LOOKING LADY IN A HUGE CROWD AND THEN THE CROWD LEAVES CEPT THE PRETTY LADY AND WOW! LOOKEY THAR! [:D] JAMIE

sandchip

Reaction score
I'm sittin' here wondering how many arrowheads all them tractors plowed up/over/under in their day...

Lordbud

Reaction score
"but I am willing to bet most have boxes and boxes packed some place full of stuff.. Being bottles or what ever.."

I've got what used to be a home darkroom in the 1950s/1960s filled with boxes of old paper, Golden Age comics, MIB Lesney Matchbox vehicles, tokens, coins, advertising hangers, action figures, street signs, souvenirs, post cards, record store promo posters...Wall to wall and floor to ceiling with a 6-inch wide "access path" which is accessible if one moves 6 or 7 boxes out of the "path" itself...

pa digger

Reaction score
This guy could have his own bottle show if he wanted to.

P.S. Hey Rick are you catching up to this guy yet?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles