My Figural Collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NCdigger5

Reaction score
I believe they are for shoe polish.
ORIGINAL: Conch times

All very cool, we found a couple of those little shoes down here in key west recently do you know what they were for?

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
A nice collection ,particularly the bitters bottles. Thanks for sharing them. I wish people at this forum would post more of their bitters bottles.

surfaceone

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: NCdigger5

I believe they are for shoe polish.
ORIGINAL: Conch times

All very cool, we found a couple of those little shoes down here in key west recently do you know what they were for?

Evening, Jay and Jordan,

I've always been a fan of the shoes. I think of them as inks, as I've seen many described as such. Shoe polish, certainly would be a good usage.

I wonder on the polish angle, though. I can't think of a figural polish bottle just now. They all appear so unflinchingly utilitarian in my mind's eye.

InkShoe.jpg
From.

SkinsFan36

Reaction score
I believe they are Anchor Hocking from the 50' or 60's. Most of the small ones I have seen were in a marigold color carnival glass. If you look close you can still see the tint on the ears of the small one. Most of the bigger ones I see around are clear like this one but I believe some were done in carnival colors as well.

Kind of hard to see but here's a pic of the Anchor logo on bottom of mine.

2EAEBEFE3A2A4CDF826A31CEB08B0F4B.jpg

Attachments

• 2EAEBEFE3A2A4CDF826A31CEB08B0F4B.jpg
    2EAEBEFE3A2A4CDF826A31CEB08B0F4B.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 74

surfaceone

Reaction score
I believe they are Anchor Hocking from the 50' or 60's. Most of the small ones I have seen were in a marigold color carnival glass. If you look close you can still see the tint on the ears of the small one. Most of the bigger ones I see around are clear like this one but I believe some were done in carnival colors as well.

Hey Steve,

I'm not quite sure what you are talking about. Jordan's shoe bottles are 19th Century, definitely not Anchor Hocking.

What does the rest of your Anchor Hocking bottle look like?

NonSequitur.pan.GIF

SkinsFan36

Reaction score
Sorry I should have specified. I was answering NC digger asking about the piggy banks.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles