My first of many "what is this" posts

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Postrophe

Reaction score
I would like to know any info on this bottle. It's 12" tall and 3" wide. The seams stop about an inch below the lip. I used a black background to show the color of the bottle. here's a few pics of it.
0.jpg
1.jpg

Near the bottom is marked A.B.C.M.CO. pictured below.
2.jpg

On the bottom is marked with an "L" over the number "23".
3.jpg

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Whiskey I think. Not particularly valuable I'd think, but until you find out for certain..who knows right?

Looking at the pic of the bottom, maybe the L stands for "Lager" ?

IRISH

Reaction score
I agree with Oldtimer that it's a Whiskey, date is probably anywhere from 1870 to 1910 if someone here knows the company that used the A.B.C.M.CO marking they will be able to narrow that date down a bit. It will only have a value if that maker is a rare historical glass works, bottles of that type (without the A.B.C.M.CO bit) are very common unfortunately.

Postrophe

Reaction score
I figured it would be common since I have 2 other that are very similar to this one. At least knowing what it might have held, and a range on the date will help me try to sell it. I'll try to get some pics of different bottles up soon.

Paul

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Is there anyway that could be A.B.G.M. Co.? That would be Adolphus Busch Glass Manf. Co. and they were in operation from 1886 to 1925. Their plants were at Belleville Ill. and ST. Louis Mo. Hope this helps, Kelley

Maine woods Digger 2

Reaction score
I have to agree with oldtimer, seems to look like an old whiskey to me but im not sure i have a web address that shows all those types of bottle i will go find it and give it to you tomorrow

Postrophe

Reaction score
I guess it could be, but even with 8x magnifying lens, it still looks like a "C". Even compared to the second "C" it looks identical. If nobody can come up with something for A.B.C.M.CO. I guess I'll have to go with A.B.G.M.CO. Maybe they were just outa the letter G that day and substituted a C instead.

Paul

Postrophe

Reaction score
I found the difference! It is a letter G. looking at another old bottle in the house that has a larger letter G on it, I can see that this is A.B.G.M.CO. Strange G but a G no less. Thanks for your help,

Paul

IRISH

Reaction score
Hey kawdog, wouldn't you just love to find a bottle that no one here knew [:D] , that WOULD be rare.

David E

Reaction score
Gunsmoke I am with you except I can't read my writing wether it is G or C. Anyway it says the mark was made like this one and also a semi circle. And my date is close to yours 1886 to 1928

Dave

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1