My latest dump find mystery bottle....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

woodswalker

Reaction score
One of those stoppers actually still had some of that rubber seal on it but once it hit the air it dried right up and crumbled off in my fingers[:(] and the weather here is so hot right now I can't wait to get home to the AC and theres no way I'm stepping foot outside once I do!!! It's been in the 90's here...so maybe if it ever cools down I'll be able to get back out there....This one was hard enough on me as it was...Last Sunday when I went out it was 92 out and only spent an hour there...but this was for sure a great find!!! I have more that I found that are embossed but they were broken and shaped different....those were water bottles... I had a pic of this one posted here before...this time I kept it when I went back....

479B23251DB34882990DB7B69997721C.jpg

Attachments

• 479B23251DB34882990DB7B69997721C.jpg
    479B23251DB34882990DB7B69997721C.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 40

woodswalker

Reaction score
Here's what I'm working with........I had no idea where to even start digging....I started at the base of the tree...then got mad at all the broken buried stuff and moved a few feet away...guess I just picked the lucky spot[:D]

A203602DC56F4D3BBD1C629E78E9A018.jpg

Attachments

• A203602DC56F4D3BBD1C629E78E9A018.jpg
    A203602DC56F4D3BBD1C629E78E9A018.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 40

Wangan

Reaction score
I remember now. That is a Buffalo Lithia Water bottle.Very nice embossment on those and there are quite a few variants.

woodswalker

Reaction score
Well it looks like I won't be going back to this dump unfortunately...I just called the landowner and asked permission to come back...but he said they had already cleaned that section up....which I really think they might have ideas of their own for digging those bottles up themselves...I guess that would make a nice display in the bar they own....I seriously doubt that they have that cleaned up by now unless they have 20 people out there....
Oh well at least I found the one I did while I had a chance...[&o] Guess I'll be moving on to the next spot...

RedGinger

Reaction score
Those are definitely old and cool. You have a better view of your situation than I did of mine. People are funny about bottle diggers. My own aunt and uncle wouldn't even let me look around their 1862 house. They were nouveau riche, so they were pretty cheap and greedy. You'll find a better spot. Just tell them you're finding broken stuff, if anything, no matter what you find. I feel for you.

Buffalo Hunter

Reaction score
[&o]Only the good die young....R.I.P. dear lady. This was made by the E.H.E. Co. one of seven designs I know of by them.

green dragon

Reaction score
Bet it felt good to find an unbroken one though ...

I'm digging shards and it's encouraging to see some age, but sad to keep finding shards without anything turning up - but it's coming, I can feel it :)

keep walking the woods, one will turn up better then this.

~ AL

woodswalker

Reaction score
It was real discouraging at first...all I was digging up was broken pieces...finally I spotted that one and was shaking so bad when I pulled it outta the ground I couldn't even take a good picture!!
It is unfortunate I can't go back...but I'll find somewhere new and walking thru the woods is what i do a lot...Just time to try a different neighborhood I think!! [:)] Even tho it has a small chip I think this one is getting placed on the top shelf...once I figure out how to clean the thing out...its so big my bottle brush won't even reach halfway down....Is there any other way to clean them out?

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Hey Nice find Amanda! Try twisting a coathanger onto the handle of your brush if it has just a wire handle.[;)] Joe

P.S. Keep walking the woods,....Very best way to find dumps,....If it's too crappy out, go to the local library and try checking out some early maps. The nice folks there will help you out!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mikis1981