My Webpage

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whiskeyman

Reaction score
WARREN...thanks for the compliments and am glad you enjoy the site. Lately www.johnsonsdepot.com and www.seattlehistorycompany.com and I swapped links. As you know about the seattle site already, the depot site may provide some additional fun for you.They're researching the Prohibition years and Al Capone's connection with Johnson City, Tenn., which ,legend has it ,was known as "Little Chicago."
You RailRoad buffs will like the depot site as well.
For those that don't know: the seattle site is documenting all known Hutchinson bottles.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Whiskeyman...

Hey Charlie, I recently checked out your web site and I got to say, you did some fine work there. Now I know why we hadn't heard so much from you for a while. You have been busy. Nice job.[;)]

I've been meaning to ask you, do you have much info on Kentucky whiskeys? I ask because I have been going through some boxes and recently came across an unopened bottle of "HenryMcKenna" sour mash straight bourbon whiskey. Six year old whiskey still has the tax stamps and seal on it from I think the late 1960's.

The bottle is embossed, with gold inlayed letters and it looked so neat, I never opened it. The bottle was given to me by a friend who found it in an old storage container that was opened after 30 years at a warehouse!! I guess the guy put it in storage and then passed away. The container was opened and this bottle was among several others that were in a case.

I was going to put it up on E-bay, but I didn't want to get in trouble for trying to sell alcohol. The other bottles that were in this mix, as I recal, was "Rebel Yell"?? and to tell you the truth, that stuff was terrific!!!!!!!!!!![8D]
I wish I held on to the whole case!!! But, I didn't... oh well.[:(]

Any ideas? Any interest? Know of anyone that would?[8|] I just dug it out and I can post some photos if you would like to see it.

Thanks for your input and great to see you back on the forum.

Wayne

whiskeyman

Reaction score
WAYNE... Thanks....It's good ta see the surgery didn't get ya down for long.[:D]
I recall those McKenna bottles...see empty ones occasionally at the Flea. I believe they're circa late 1960s or early 1970s. There wrere also, glass mini jugs and a large jug ( both white with blue stencilling), put out at that same period in time, possibly to climb on the Jim Beam popularity wave...Minimal collector value but yours has potential,,,being full, etc.
You can sell it on eBay, just state not for consumption nor sold to minors....as a collectible only. It may do quite well.

Methinks the Rebel Yell would have done better though....[&:]

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Charlie...

Thanks for getting back to me on the McKenna... Yeah, I feel pretty stupid having drunk some of that "Rebell Yell" I gave a bottle of it here and there to some very close friends of mine and then we ended up drinking it. Could kick myself in the ass for that, but it was at least 12 - 15 years ago thgat I did it and I wasn't into E-bay or on the bottle forum...[&o]

ANyway, the McKenna bottle is all that I have left and I'm not breakin that one open![;)]

Takre care and have a great day.

Wayne

whiskeyman

Reaction score
WAYNE...don't be so rough on yourself...we have all made mistakes and likely will again.
Hindsight educates us to not make the same one twice....(hopefully).
Get that shoulder healed up....

Jim

Reaction score
Thanks, Tandy. I hope to be able to add some new ones in the next few months. I'm up to the point where I have most of the more common ones, so the ones that I need are getting expensive and hard to find [>:]. The challenge adds to the fun, though! ~Jim

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles