Mystery in the woods...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dumpdiver

Reaction score
Hi, Was the pic taken near noon? That shadow had me wonder if the stones were in place for a certain solstice when the doors would align. With the point near by had me think of a native hunting camp. Cool mystery,happy digs,,, DD

GEEMAN

Reaction score
Cool beans. I used to belong to a local chapter of the Ohio Archeological Society when I lived near Lancaster Ohio MANY years ago. The head of the Archeology dept (Martha Otto) from the Ohio Historical Society would come and look at/identify stuff members had found surface hunting. She also took us on digs of small area sites that were in danger of being destroyed due to modern construction projects etc. It was an awesome experience for a young teenager and I learned a lot. Anyhow, Maybe you could take some pics of your site and show them around at your next meeting. You don't have to give the exact location if you don't want to and you may gain some insight as to what you have going on there. We had a few members do that when I lived in Ohio. One site a member brought some pics in turned out to be an old moonshine still site from WAY back when. You could also submit some pics to the state Historical Society and see what they have to say. Again, you don't have to give a specific location if you don't want to. Thanks for bringing this up. Stuff like this is just plain cool.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie