N.E. Antique Bottle Club Show

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bearswede

Reaction score
The N.E.A.B.C. show in Somersworth, NH is only 3 weeks away... I'll have a table set up with some of my best bottles... I'll also have some necklaces that I assemble using uncleaned ancient Roman coins... I clean them, sometimes taking them down to the original copper or bronze surface... Then, if needed, I repatinate them with various chemical and/or physical treatments...

Finally, I set them in sterling silver bezels with matching chains...

Check 'em out, Mates...

Rp44784.jpg

Attachments

• Rp44784.jpg
    Rp44784.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 113

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
Hey Bear that's pretty cool[8D]. Where the heck did ya come up with the coins for them, and also how much ya gettin for those beauties..? (do we get a bottles.net discount[;)])
BOB

Maybe I'll get one off ya at Saratoga show if your bringing them with you..

bearswede

Reaction score
Thanks, Bob...

I buy groups of uncleaned Roman coins on ebay... I clean and sort them; pick the most promising and restore them...

They're priced at $49 and up, depending on condition, rarity and the bezel... All forum members get a 10% discount...

I'm getting excited about Saratoga!!!

Ron

Mainepontil

Reaction score
Just talked to the show organizer for Somersworth and all 62 tables are now SOLD OUT... Should be a good turnout [:D][:D]

Joel

bearswede

Reaction score
I WILL remember to bring my camera
I WILL remember to bring my camera
I WILL remember to bring my camera...

Bz79543.jpg

bearswede

Reaction score
Hey Taz...

I'm pretty sure they only allow long rectangular tables at the bottle show...

But, speaking of Romans*, I was so excited about displaying my necklaces, I went and bought another bunch of dirty old coins on ebay... But the problem remains: my wife kicked me out of the kitchen... She couldn't stand all those jars of soaking coins, and ol' brushes, and pots of sulfurous chemicals... But that's where the water is... I need the water, dontcha know...

But cleaning crusty old ancient coins is much like digging an old bottle dump (or chocolates by Forest Gump)... It's that old thrill of discovery!!! Getting a shiney new informative something out of a worthless-looking "nothing"... Like my momma always said, you just never know whatchure gonna get...

Ron

*this oblique reference is to that recent movie: Arthur which has as its premise that Arthur was actually a Roman Briton from the latter days of the Roman Empire...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen