naval prison milk

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NorCalBottleHunter

Reaction score
came across a person here in town with a few bottles for sale, her ex-husband is the big cheese for a large dredging and levee repair outfit. i guess he found the bottle out at mare island, the oldest naval base on the west coast. i have an option to buy but have no idea on the rarity of value and she believes, as i do, that its a good one. anyone ever seen this one or know any info on it? value? thanks, nick
3723671931_e66d4ea02d_o.jpg

3724481934_7ce5e40e76_o.jpg

RedGinger

Reaction score
Kind of creepy! There was a place in NH that sold things made by prisoners. Don't think I'd ever stop by there! Also, there's a creepy farm area that is pretty big in PA and as you drive through, there are signs not to stop unless you are having an emergency. I guess they have the prisoners working on that farm too.
I bet there will be someone out there who collects things such as your milk bottle, but ick!

Wilkie

Reaction score
As you know Nick, I'm a collector of "Naval" bottles, so when your ready to get rid of it, gimme a hollar. I'm not big into Milks but I do have a few of them that I consider keepers and that one you have would fall into my keeper category. I've been searching for information on a Naval Prison Farm but haven't been able to come up with anything.

mr.fred

Reaction score
Small World Laur----in 1969 i was a guard at the military prison in Portmouth-we would take the prisoners down to the Sub Base to work.

NorCalBottleHunter

Reaction score
hey, wilk, if it gos anywhere it will go to you. im sure its not from mare island, found there yes, but obviously came from somewhere else, the only connection is the navy, how certain bottles and things end up in certain places they dont really belong, it leaves you to wonder, makes a piece that much interesting and intriguing

RedGinger

Reaction score
That is a big place! How'd you like Portsmouth? I would really like to go back. I heard in the 70's it wasn't the greatest place. Sounds like a tough job.
Sorry to step on your thread, NorCal!

mr.fred

Reaction score
It was Ok!----they said it was and old Spanish Castle-----small town in 1960s we had better finish in General Chat. Sorry people-------Fred.

NorCalBottleHunter

Reaction score
not trippin guys, but that is very respectful. So is this one of those rarer then rare ones im going to have to pay an arm and a leg for? its my first time seeing or hearing of one of these but the first time i ever seen the green, whittled, Saxlehner Bitterquelle, i found it and thought it was a gem, posted it and felt stupid after. anyone?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles