Need ACL Guide

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JohnRoy

Reaction score
I'm removing several bottles from an old general store that was opened in 1923. There are a bunch of ACLs that are absolutely beautiful, and I need help in dating and appraising. I guess there are about 600-800 in there. I seem to have stuff from the 30s onward. After I get them all out of them, and cleaned up, I'd be willing to show my collection to someone near me (I am in Georgia). Right now, I need a good guide for identifying and pricing them.
-John

digdug

Reaction score
Hey John. Check out my post from a month or so ago 'What is the PSBCA??!! ' It is about the Painted Soda Bottle Collectors Association. They have an excellent book available. Website is http://psbca.thesodafizz.com/
(Only problem is website is on Angelfire and you get a bunch of pop up ads at first![:mad:])
Plus- I am here in Georgia, when you are ready let me know and I can take a look at them with you. I collect ACL's and know some about them. What a GREAT find!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JohnRoy

Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt reply. Do you have a Bottle Tumbler? -John in Augusta, GA

digdug

Reaction score
No- I don't have a tumbler. I have some of the makings of one (Motor, etc.)
I need to find my plans and finish it. But, this is one of those projects that keep getting put on the back burner.

bubbas dad

Reaction score
johnroy
i posted a similar question a few days ago on this board entitled "books". 2 books were recommended. they appear to be very good books. i plan to order them this weekend. where in augusta do you live? my mothers family live about 40 miles from there. not to far from the clarkhills lake area.
john

JohnRoy

Reaction score
Bubbas Dad and DigDug,

Thanks for the info on the books. I will order them, too. I think that what I need to do is get all of the bottles out of the shed and across the field to my Mother-in-law's property. Since I have a baby on the way in July, I need to get within the next few weeks (but since my wife works every weekend, I am tight on time since I also have a 3 year old to watch!). However, when I get them out, I'd like to sell them off at 1/2 book price (without cleaning them) so that I can cut down the collection a bit. My mother-in-law lives close to Clarkes Hill, too. Is your parents in Appling, or Lincolnton? When I get them all out, I'll ask you guys down to come look at them. Please email me with your phone numbers. I should be done moving them by ealry June, when I get out of school for the summer. The great thing about these bottles is that they are in excellent condition. I am just hoping to find some early cokes and pepsis...

-John

bubbas dad

Reaction score
johnroy
my mothers family live in plumbranch in mccormick sc. hope you get some great stuff. i liked your post about the dixi-cola from mccormick

JohnRoy

Reaction score
Dixi-Cola is a good $2 bottle. If I find anymore from McCormick, SC, I'll set them aside for you. I went through there on my way back to Augusta one day. Boy, talk about a lonely drive between Augusta and McCormick! The only place between there is Plum Branch! -John

bubbas dad

Reaction score
plumbranch use to be a nice little town when i was small. about the only thing left is a gas station and a junk shop

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229