Need bottles; will travel...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SAbottles

Reaction score
Hey Joe ~ would love to have heard you singing that ! [:D][:D]
Why on earth would you have sung it, though ? It was a British marching song from the Anglo-Boer War (and part of it was in Afrikaans !) Not exactly Metallica or Pink Floyd [:eek:] !!

SAbottles

Reaction score
@ Renee ~ you have no idea of what our birds drink (& eat!)[:)] Have often been tempted to soak a bit of the bread our Weavers eat in some brandy & watch the chaos ![:-] (But my wife would kill me !)

Bird's was, of course, a big firm in England (& still is), making custard amongst other things.

epackage

Reaction score
Dale what does a castor oil like that sell for down your way?

SAbottles

Reaction score
Jim, around Rands 100 to 120 ~ on straight conversion about $12 to $15. Should be more, but I don't have a large "sophisticated" clientele here ! They just buy it "because it looks pretty" !

epackage

Reaction score
Thanks, I wish I was in the area I would take it for that price....good luck with them all...[;)]

SAbottles

Reaction score
Thanks Jim. Actually had a pretty good market today and things from that collection are selling well ~ in fact I am rationing out the blue glass very carefully !
"Retro-weddings" are still my biggest sales - - people (the brides anyway !) want a small group of nice aqua bottles on each table, with flowers in them. It breaks my purist heart - but it brings in the $$$ !

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: SAbottles

Here are a few of the more welcome individual bottles: a Clarke's "World Famed Blood Mixture"

VWClarkes.jpg

an Otto Landsberg snuff bottle:

VWLandsberg.jpg

another snuff bottle - from Herman Canard:

VWCanard.jpg

I love these 3 the snuff is bad ass !

SAbottles

Reaction score
They are nice, Rick; and these are quite early ones with glass stopper & cork binding. the later ones had screw tops. And the snuff is pretty strong. I have had bottles with small amounts of snuff still in ; tried some and boy !! Do you only sneeze !! Sure clears the old sinuses out ![:'(]

bostaurus

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: SAbottles

Thanks Jim. Actually had a pretty good market today and things from that collection are selling well ~ in fact I am rationing out the blue glass very carefully !
"Retro-weddings" are still my biggest sales - - people (the brides anyway !) want a small group of nice aqua bottles on each table, with flowers in them. It breaks my purist heart - but it brings in the $$$ !
I wonder what they do with the bottles after the wedding? Maybe you could start a business 'renting' bottles for weddings.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles