Need help identifying bottleneck from US Virgin Islands (St. Thomas). Not sure of age...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jr5000

Reaction score
I found this piece in St. Thomas. Upon doing some basic research online, it looks like this may be pretty old. Any thoughts?

It is under direct light for the photos and it appears dark green. I can confirm it looks much darker, almost black, in person. It has a thick almost gritty texture and it is deceivingly heavy. No sharp edges; very rounded and safe to handle without fear of being cut. Also, not brittle. It feels like a stone. You could use this as a paperweight.

I was scouring through photos online trying to locate the same style bottle lip, but I could not find a match.

Thank you for your help!

Jr5000

Reaction score
20220806_174724.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Never seen a top or lip exactly like that one., the rough texture could be from being beat around in the sand & rocks for over 100 years. LEON.

P.S. Welcome to the site.

Jr5000

Reaction score
I found this piece in St. Thomas. Upon doing some basic research online, it looks like this may be pretty old. Any thoughts?

It is under direct light for the photos and it appears dark green. I can confirm it looks much darker, almost black, in person. It has a thick almost gritty texture and it is deceivingly heavy. No sharp edges; very rounded and safe to handle without fear of being cut. Also, not brittle. It feels like a stone. You could use this as a paperweight.

I was scouring through photos online trying to locate the same style bottle lip, but I could not find a match.

Thank you for your help!
20220806_174851.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
I just posted photos in the thread. Sorry, I'm new here. This is my first post and I already screwed up!

Thats OK, I revised/edited my comment after I seen you posted a Pic. You must of been posting the pic at same time I was commenting. LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu