need help in identfying new bottle finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

stealw0rker

Reaction score
Hello All.

I found a new (to me) bottle dump today by mistake, and just under the leaves i found a few bottles that i picked up and lugged back to the car. I was looking them up on the net, but not finding much, thought maybe someone on here could help.
here's the list: (all are embossed with these words, no labels or ACLs)

Budd's Carbonated Beverages
Taylor Ridgely Ellicott City, MD ( all i found was that this was a soda bottle) clear glass about 8" tall.

Esslinger (writen in a scripty font) phila pa ( in a regular font) 8" clear glass ( i found it was a beer bottle, anyone know of the approx date??) crown top, seam goes all the way through.

Daisy Field Beverages Catonsville, MD green glass about 12" tall looks like a wine bottle.
(i can't find any info on daisy field beverages... anyone know about it??)

C&S Bottling Company green glass 12" also looks like a wine bottle.
(any info on C&S bottling company...? can't find a thing.)

I am too tired now to take pictures and post them, but i will try to post some tommorrow if it will help with identification. I am more interested in some info on the companies and not so much the bottles i suppose.

Thanks in advance!

-Bruce

also.. anyone near columbia, md might know about this spot already... it seemed sorta picked over quite a bit.
I didn't go digging too much, but i will definitely go back there one day soon. It was near a business park in the woods. I'm not too familiar with columbia, so i can't say exactly where it was, but i could find it again by meandering through the woods just like i did today.

waskey

Reaction score
hi, most of the bottles you have there are rather common and worth about $5-$10 the budd's is a soda,the daisyfield is also a soda and i think the c & s might be a beer

stealw0rker

Reaction score
Thank you for the info. i understand that they are common, i am more interested in some info on the companies themselves. Anyone know anything?

also, would the daisy field and c&s be sodas even though they looked like wine bottle shape and size?

waskey

Reaction score
her's some more information i know about the companies. The daisyfield bottle is a soda bottle. Daisyfield was connected to the catonsville spring water company. they made gingerale,rootbeer,orange soda,etc.. The daisyfield company was later sold to a 7-up bottler who took over the plant and only sold 7-up in i think 1937 but im no exactly sure if that date is right. I beleive the daisyfield company itself closed around 1945 after 7-up had owned the company for a few years.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause