NEED HELP MY BOTTLES ARE STUCK IN GARAGE DOOR JAMMED

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

T D

Reaction score
Hey Stardust, if you've got the door up a few inches, if you had a 2x4 at least 6 or 8 feet long, stick it under the door edgeways and pry on it. Use anything like that to get leverage and if you get it up further than you had it the first time maybe it will break free, maybe not. Don't try to break the plexiglass, try to take it out, only if someone could get in thru the opening.

Stardust

Reaction score
Thanks TD, the windows are all too small all across the front of the garage. I'll check in the basement under the porch for a piece of wood. Thanks for the tip. I know something will work eventually. There is a window on the side maybe I'm going to have to smash that and have to replace that somehow. I'm going to go out and look at that now. The problem is I'm a pack rat and and most of the garage is pretty packed. I think due to certain conditions beyond my control I may have to hire someone help me.

Stardust

Reaction score
sewellbottleman,
Thanks for that tip I'm ready for day two. That sounds like a good tip and the door is a old wooden one it's really not too heavy. It was jammed once before but I was married then. when I do get in I'm oiling down those cables as I've read on-line that one should be doing that as upkeep. I hate to admit it, this is just one more thing that make me realize that I'm losing my self and it makes me angry as I was always very strong. Everyone looks at me and thinks I look great, but it's days like yesterday and today, where trying to open that blankety blank door for ten mins exhausted me so much I had to basically sit and drink fluids for the rest of the day and just do on-line stuff and recoop my energy.

Maybe it best if I save your tip and all the others for family when they get back from vacation. [;)] hope you enjoy the fourth with your family.

I'll still welcome any other tips and will check in throughout the week.

Stardust

Reaction score
i moved to a new location where people are friendly all the time 24/7. no cats are allowed...but that's a good thing. very allergic right now. if your area looks near mine i'll
pm you back. thanks...[;)]

steveinlanc

Reaction score
We're in southeast PA. If you were closer I'd have offered to come by and lend a hand. Sorry.

Stardust

Reaction score
Steve, that alone made my day
I'm at peace with the feeling
that for some reason I'm
not suppose to get in there
right now.

With me and whats in there
its just another accident waiting
to happen. LOL [:D]
If I did alone, I'd probably​
have to start the post, "one of​
those days" going​
again....​
Thanks for thinking of me. [;)]​

Stardust

Reaction score
I just wanted to say, "THANKS to all the kind forum members who have sent me a PM and wanted to come here and help me with my garage."

Although you all live too far away, I have been touched by your kindenss and once again the forum brings a great big smile to my face today. : ) I will get in there someday. It's not the end of the world if I never do. I was thinking about Tony14 and his town and the flood and those people losing lots of their stuff for good. Mine's still there, just I can't get it right now.

Just a delay until I can......In the big picture of life I guess it's really no big deal.......[;)]

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I think I said that a while back lobe [8D] I think you re wired your house in less time.Just a little insight.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960