NEED HELP ON VALUE OF THESE BOTTLES

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
But trust me theres no where here where I can take these to get them checked out. Ill try to go into the city to find out if theres any paper documentation, but it could take a while.

Hey Mike,

I refuse to accept this. It's New York, Freakin, City, fugetaboutit!

Have you contacted the New-York Historical Society, or, perhaps, the Brooklyn Museum? How about that American Museum of Natural History?

There's some Winter Antique Shows, I'd consider sizing up. Yew Tree Antiques, might merit a call. Do you know Scott Jordan?

Up the road a piece is The Corning Museum, and the National Bottle Museum.

Hope these may be of some help. Good luck.

258348.jpg

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Baltimore show is coming soon , bring them to it. Scott and others are usually there and its a great place for a quick sale.

tigue710

Reaction score
whoever offered you that is off their rocker! you should of taken advantage of their crazy butt at the time... I'd say they are worth 200 each on a good day...

Asterx

Reaction score
I see an OP JH Currie New York, blob top, oval shape 5 3/4" tall: Est. Value: $50-70 in Matt's Med Guide.

That being said, I'm sure the nice labels would make it much more desirable... but how much is the question.

I hope you get a good amount for them, though I'm not sure if I would expect more than a couple hundred per.

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Nice pair! The labels make them sarsaparilla bottles, and that helps jack up the value. There is an embossed Currier's Sarsaparilla hutchinson, which is pretty odd. If you want to attract the heavy hitters I'd consign it to an auction house, but then you have to wait...

cannibalfromhannibal

Reaction score
I agree with RIBottleguy, though I have seen some identical bottles fetch more on the bay, avoiding the auction house buyer fees, etc...I plan to list a couple scarce bottles soon on ebay with what is likely an unrealistic reserve but at a price I would be comfortable with. If they don't meet my reserve, I will have a fair idea how much the market (currently) will bear, and can adjust from there. If it meets (and hopefully exceeds) my reserve, all the better. The open market auction is usually the closest valuation available, but also keeping in mind that it also "depends on who is watching." That said, it is always good to do a relist, sometimes more than once and then take the average high amount. That should give one a pretty close idea with the understanding just how fluid the market can be.....Fiscal cliff or curb? Where one sees a problem, another sees a mere inconvenience...... Jack

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter