Need help with this Muegge Emerald Bottle 4oz 5 3/4"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

nathancjackson

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First time poster here and recently introduced to the hobby. I am looking for information on this Emerald Green Muegge 4oz bottle. It stands 5 3/4" tall and is embossed with the 3IV symbol, which I gather indicates 4oz. I have looked over many bottle collecting sites/forums/auction results and can't seem to find any info on this 4oz variant. If anyone could provide some info to me it would be very much appreciated! Interested in history, production numbers, age and maybe value if that's known?

Thanks!

IMG_1405.jpeg

IMG_1404.jpeg

nathancjackson

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

It's very GREEN, isn't it? Nice colored western drug store bottle. Your right. It is 4 ounces. That weird looking 3, is not a 3. It's actually a druggist symbol for ounces. That's a keeper.

Also, check this >> http://jtenlen.drizzlehosting.com/ORBios/namuegge.txt
Thanks very much for the info! Ha and yes it is quite Green! I am finding plenty of info on the 3,6,and 12oz variants but am stumped here. A note on historicbottles.com mentioned that they had heard sizes outside of the standard 3,6 and 12 existed but had never seen them before. That's the closest I've come to any acknowledgment of other sizes even existing....

hemihampton

Reaction score
Nice Bottle, I'd assume it has good Value being green as most druggist/pharmacy/medicine bottles seem to be Clear or Aqua. Nice Find. And Welcome to the site. LEON.

nathancjackson

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your help with this. Any and all info is very valuable!

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
I think I saw someone selling one of these for about $90 at the Springfield National Show a couple years ago. Nice bottle, always love the druggists!
Not that it will sell but i see one on Ebay for $400. They were bidding on one yesterday, it was up to i think $37 and had 6 day left. Wonder what it gets up to. I am watching it just to see. ROBBYBOBBY64.

Timelypicken

Reaction score
There is a sold one on eBay for $66 dollars plus shipping

Timelypicken

Reaction score

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2