need help with this one

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi. i can now post pic. yes. this bottle is 7 7/8" tall, base is 2 1/2" by 2 1/4". the seam goes up the past the 2nd ring then shifts to the left by about a 1/2" then stops under the lip. the inside of the lip is indented as if for a stopper. the class above the shift in the seam is textured. the base has what appears to be a v in a circle. this is a dug bottle. any information as to it's origin, date or value i would be grateful for, thanks rhona

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
try again with pic.

Jh15000.jpg

Attachments

• Jh15000.jpg
    Jh15000.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 54

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
Definitely a food, circa 1900. Possibly chutney or capers (It DOES look like a clear capers bottle).[:D]

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
thanks for the reply digger boy. what is capers? are there any posible identification from the v in a circle, or value? it was such a nice day today that we went fishing and digging . no luck with the fish but found 30 more bottles. i finished cleaning that bottle and hope to post another pic. hope you had a happy new year. rhona

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
Capers are a shrub from the Mediterranian area. They're often eaten pickled. Here's a link with more info: http://www.wordiq.com/definiton/Capers (Type it in, don't click on the link. It doesn't work) Speaking of pickles, it may have held that too. The only thing I could find for V in a Circle was some mexican company...which seems unlikely for your bottle. I found a listing in the Bottle Price Guide for a bottle similar to yours priced at $1-2 ,but a REAL collector doesn't mind[;)]

Oh, and PS- After looking ay your bottle again, I think it's ABM, and since it has an amthyst tint to it, I would actually date it to ca.1910-15. Sorry[:(]

Yw66991.jpg

Attachments

• Yw66991.jpg
    Yw66991.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 59

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
.TheNYBittersCollector.