Need identification?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Armada

Reaction score
Could someone help me to identify any of these bottles? Or at least give me a time frame. For example, second half of the XIX century.
Thanks,
Roger

Armada

Reaction score
Could someone help me to identify any of these bottles? Or at least give me a time frame. For example, second half of the XIX century.
Thanks,
Roger

7A6BD5BBBF69410791523C943E35CD03.jpg

Attachments

• 7A6BD5BBBF69410791523C943E35CD03.jpg
    7A6BD5BBBF69410791523C943E35CD03.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 49

surfaceone

Reaction score
New Year Greetings, Roger,

Welcome to the Forum.

Interesting presentation, sir. I gotta ask for some more background information. The seemingly long distance, grainy black & white photos of semi-submerged bottles, with annoying metric measurements is throwing me off...

Are these from an archeologist's dig? Back story, please.

I'm gonna guess 2nd Half, based on the look of what I believe to be a couple olive oils. Were they ever retrieved? What, some more what's, a coupla where's, & most of all why?

johnny-cash-line.jpg

Lordbud

Reaction score
Yes, some of the oddest pics I can recall being posted on the forum. "Centimeters" don't work here in the U.S. The pics aren't clear enough or "color" enough to really help much on ID'ing these. Perhaps "after" shots of the bottles cleaned up would be helpful?

glass man

Reaction score
WELCOME TO THE FORUM! THE LEFT BOTTOM PICTURE OF WHAT LOOKS LIKE A VASE ALMOST LOOKS AS OLD AS ROMAN EMPIRE TIMES...MAYBE LIKE LXXXIX A.D. BUT AS OTHERS HAVE SAID WITH OUT BETTER PICS. ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY....INTERESTING! JAMIE

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Definitely interesting, Armada! I gave this a good long stare last night.. the cm's don't bother me but the black & white makes it impossible to discern glass from pottery.. I'd like to know what sort of wreck you figure this to be.. sorry this doesn't help much!

jnoon

Reaction score
These pics look like they were taken by a R.O.V. deep underwater, cool. Sorry, I can't help with I.D.

Ratzilla

Reaction score
Clearly underwater pictures of a shipwreck...not so clear what they are, closer pics would help but I assume would be tough to get...that said, I'm pretty sure the big thing in the first pic is a ceramic vessel of some type, perhaps a vase or storage jar. What I can see of the bottles in the other photos looks late 18th/early 19th century to me, leaning towards early 19th. If you have any other pics, that might help.

Armada

Reaction score
Thanks guys for comment my pictures.
Yes, is a XIX century wreck found by accident by a fisherman and a ROV, from an Oil Co. that was in the area for only few hours, took these pictures. By accident there was a coca-cola can very close, so this permit me to do a scale. They did not recover anything from the site (forbidden) and they send me these pictures. By looking at other evidences (anchors, hull parts, etc…) I’m guessing is a shipwreck after 1840 and before 1900. I know that the pictures and not great and I’m not a bottle expert, therefore what I was hoping that some bottle expert from your forum could tell me what do they think.
Thanks,
Armada

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles