need info on bottles I found years ago

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Are all you've shown so far all from different houses? Could the one I thought a French wine be from the same house as the Keene flask? I may have to rethink that date on the wine.

larrybuilders

Reaction score
All from different houses unfortunately I wish they were from the same to give me some kind of idea what time frame they're from.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Well larrybuilders, I think you need to read my write up for newbies = regarding what to show or mention about old glass bottles. The first question is: Are there vertical seams on the finish? The finish being the top neck of the bottle for cork, cap or what ever to seal the contents. The middle bottle looks like it might have a blowpipe tubular pontil on the glass. That glass would have been left of the blowpipe of the bottle made before it by the bottle blower. The bitters bottles are so collectable that some one would want it. Email me if you want the newbie letter and check the homepage' RED Matthews <bottlemysteries@yaho.com>

luckiest

Reaction score
I'm going to say that the open-pontiled wine is much older then the rest, I would give 20 bucks for that any day (as long as I am seeing what I think I am)

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Not a bad trio of bottles! Pontiled ale is worth $50-75, at least that's my guess. I had one priced for $50 and it sold in a heartbeat.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen