Need some help identifying :)

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

iamhereru23

Reaction score
My brother recently found an old bottle in his barn. I have tried to dig up information on it and have come up with very little if any. It's a brown bottle, smooth, and has the markings ISG CO on the bottom and that is all. No other markings anywhere. When I look it up I found that it might possible be from a company called Inter-state Glass Co out of Kansas which was only running a couple months before burning down and that it might be a very old Coke bottle but the ones I saw that match it online are clear.... I think??? Info is sketchy at best so any help on where it might have came from or what it is or value would be great!!

Attachments

• B3888F90EB734E04ACDE95ECB42D808B.jpg
    B3888F90EB734E04ACDE95ECB42D808B.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 73

cowseatmaize

Reaction score

ScottBSA

Reaction score
Hi, I live in Kansas City and have a few bottles with the ISG co on the bottom. The bottles I have are whiskey and a Kansas City coke bottle. I have seen some small slicks in the antique malls that were probably sodas. A picture would help identify it's use. The company was listed in the 1902 and 1903 Kansas City city directories. It was partially destroyed in the Flood of 1903 that happened at the end of May and the first part of June 1903. The factory went out of business but the buildings were purchased by Obear-Nestor and reopened in I believe 1905. Scott

ScottBSA

Reaction score
It looks like a beer bottle. Without details, where is the barn? I am curious about how far my hometown glassmaker's products got away from Kansas City. Scott

iamhereru23

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the bottom :) We live in Nebraska about 45 miles NW of Omaha.

Attachments

• f6f698241e054b6186967391f54cedfd.jpg
    f6f698241e054b6186967391f54cedfd.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 73

iamhereru23

Reaction score
It does look like a beer bottle and that's what I was my first thought. I did see a clear Coke bottle that was identical to this one though so I wasn't sure.

iamhereru23

Reaction score
My brother wanted to know what these type of bottle might be worth... do you have any ideas?

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey I am here. I can't speak specifically to your bottle because I don't know if this particular glassmaker has a unique draw to it. In other words, I don't know if collectors would seek out bottles made from ISGCo just because they are so rare. It does seem possible to me, but unlikely. This type of 'blank' bottle (for lack of a better word) likely had paper labels identifying the type of beer it was and the brewer that used it. With those original labels, this is a neat find. Without them, this bottle type is fairly common and not particularly valuable. It is a neat piece of history from a bygone era, it just lacks the details that bottle collectors looks for (like the brewer and the city and the flavor etc...) Hope this helped. If you found this, you might want to keep poking around. Your bottle has good enough age to be located around other bottles with embossing (or letters printed on the bottle).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson