Nesbitt jug

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rockbot

Reaction score
Also, this dump is behind an old Mom&Pop store. It would be cool to find the dispenser apparatus. The old wooden structure is still standing and its filled with junk. Looks to be 1910 type structure.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Nice, the old soda jerk? I still wonder if competitors used a pattern for their food stuffs though. White House did with vinegar but a fruit concentrate seams different somehow.

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cowseatmaize

No problem Tony. I never heard of Nesbitt but the jug looked like a disinfectant. I never would have guessed a Fruit Product Company. Then the disinfecting of the company areas came to mind afterward. I didn't read the whole thing.
Was it a fruit concentrate or a cleaner? The contents are still unknown to me.[:)]
How about you?

Yes its a fruit drink. I don't know if it was carbonated at some point. The company was out of California.

rockbot

Reaction score
Yeah. I would think all one had to do was refill the dispenser jug with their own brew and dispense it that way.

TJSJHART

Reaction score
FROM WHAT I FOUND THEY'VE BEEN AROUND SINCE EARLY 40'S...NESBITT'S THAT IS

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Rocky,

Very cool dispensing jug, sir. I understand why you brought that guy home. Thanks for showing us.

HughSNesbittS.jpg

"History
The Nesbitt Fruit Products Company was founded in 1924 by Hugh S. Nesbitt. The company produced syrups to be used in soda fountains. The company produced a full line of fountain products through the years including various fruit flavors to be mixed with soda water, toppings for ice cream, including chocolate, hot fudge, crushed pineapple and strawberrys, and, a hot chocolate base. They also marketed branded dispensers and other fountain supplies (see 1959 fountain list).

In 1927 the company began producing Nesbitt's Orange for distribution to soda fountains where it was mixed with 5 parts water. When they started bottling it in 1938-39 it was distinguished by the fact that it was made from 10% California orange juice. The brand was franchised to independent bottling companies all over the United States and around the world. Besides Orange, other flavors bottled included: Creme Soda, Grape, Strawberry, Root Beer, Lemon-Lime, to name a few. Nesbitt also made Sprig, a lemon lime drink.
[/IMG]
The back of the bottles had the following slogan:

"
Logo.JPG
Name on a Soft drink
is like
STERLING stamped on Silver"

Nesbitt Fruit Products Company was sold to Clorox in 1972. The following is the Clorox Chronology..." From Nesbitt.

1959SaleList.jpg

1959 Sales List

"Nesbitt's Orange was the "Official Orange Drink" for Disneyland from the time it opened in 1955 into the 1960's. It was the only orange drink sold in the Park.

disney1959.jpg

It is said that Elvis Presley loved Nesbitt's Orange. "He always had the weirdest eating habits I ever saw," a friend was quoted as saying at the time (1960's). "Burnt bacon, olives, vegetable soup and peanut-butter and banana sandwiches." He'd wash all this down with Pepsi or Nesbitt's Orange soda."

license%20Plate%20holder.jpg

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
His brother must have been the bad (castor)seed in the family,the ricin man.(lol not really his brother,but same last name) [:D]

C092171BEB46488198A2DA0CC86474AA.jpg

Attachments

• C092171BEB46488198A2DA0CC86474AA.jpg
    C092171BEB46488198A2DA0CC86474AA.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 84

rockbot

Reaction score
Pretty cool Rick. I guess it was a popular name back then. Don't know of any name like that today.[;)]

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1