Never In My Wildest Dreams...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
So there I was, exploring a dump site, where most of what I was seeing was from the 1920's - 30's era, and, regrettably, most of it was broken. After working through the site several times and being rewarded with a couple of ink wells, I decided to end the dive. Returning to my entry site, I passed an area on my right where I had located several old jars, slick beers and other items; I had searched this area at least twice, but something in the back of my mind said: LOOK AGAIN! By simply turning in that direction, I noticed, in the distance, a gleam amongst the rocks that I thought looked like a squat-style bottle. NO WAY, I thought - couldn't be! How could I have missed it?? As I approached, it became clear to me it was, in fact, a squat!

I must admit, this experience vaulted me into old glass ecstasy!

Check it out...

Attachments

• S. Belch Belleville CW.jpg
    S. Belch Belleville CW.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 215
  • All shined up.jpg
    All shined up.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 213

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Wow, what a find! Always amazing what can be missed in a dump if you just look a little too quickly, leading to those "how in the world did I miss that?!?!" kind of moments. Good thing you looked again!

(Your video is unavailable (private) by the way!)

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's an incredible find! (And wow, what a surname for the bottler to have too, ha ha!) Does it have a pontil?

For the video, if you want it to be visible here but not show up in people's Youtube suggestions, you should set it as unlisted rather than private. Unlisted means you need to have the link to see it, private means only you can see it.

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
That's an incredible find! (And wow, what a surname for the bottler to have too, ha ha!) Does it have a pontil?

For the video, if you want it to be visible here but not show up in people's Youtube suggestions, you should set it as unlisted rather than private. Unlisted means you need to have the link to see it, private means only you can see it.
Thanks CB, I’ll make the change…oh - no pontil.

Last edited:

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
Wow, what a find! Always amazing what can be missed in a dump if you just look a little too quickly, leading to those "how in the world did I miss that?!?!" kind of moments. Good thing you looked again!

(Your video is unavailable (private) by the way!)
So true, eh? Gotta admit, it’s not the first time I’ve overlooked something; fortunately, I’ve learned to follow my instincts, though I have no doubt that I’ve missed some beauties over the years.

DeepSeaDan

Reaction score
"Canada West" - prior to Confederation in 1867, the British deemed their Canadian Colonies " Canada East" ( formerly called 'Lower Canada' ) and Canada West ( 'Upper Canada' ); with Confederation, Canada West became Ontario & Canada East, Quebec. Bottles labelled CW are highly sought after by collectors up here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26