new finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

THE BADGER

Reaction score
hey tom that is a fishing lure it is one of those older wooden ones,and the jewelry piece came out real nice it has a cross on top of mother of pearl.the new site looks to have some potential.

THE BADGER

Reaction score
hey will i guess you probably saw jessters post it is usually with the eyes.everybody misses things no matter what but my eyes have become trained to look for items that seem like they dont belong or are very round etc.i do alot of grid searching in areas where i am able to.sometimes just the way you throw the dirt enables you to see what you are throwing better.when digging in dumps my eyes look for any speck of green color that tends to be better metal objects like coins and jewelry you would be suprised how much these are in dumps.one reason i come home each time with lots of nice little relics is because i dont only focus on the bottles in the dirt,even when im digging through sections where guys dug before so i can get to a deeper level where the good stuff is i always find good items. BADGER

THE BADGER

Reaction score
thanks tom for compliment.by the way,my eyesight really isnt that great anymore its just cool that im tuned in what to look for.the only reason you probably dont see some things tom is because you usually work 24 hour shift and then come straight out to dig all day,gotta give you credit man thats tough to do.hope you can come up this weekend and maybe if kb can come too,i have the dumpready to go.it was poppin glass just before i left this weekend a mixture of newer and older.plus coins and marbles too. yeahh buddieeeeeeeeeeee THE BADGER

deacon_frost

Reaction score
nice small finds, doll parts marbles coins ect art always neat to find, my dig partner has a well trained eye like that he can pick out beads that are smaller than a bb, im gettting better at it like you said you just have to keep an eye out for things that look out of place...i also like to go back to my spots just after a good rain and see what has washed up from the tail piles.

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
My eyes are shot,so I am lucky to see bottles in a privy [8D]
If I had and extra eye id be good.

4A0C5171BA3141DFA4BB3CBBF7CF1DEF.jpg

Attachments

• 4A0C5171BA3141DFA4BB3CBBF7CF1DEF.jpg
    4A0C5171BA3141DFA4BB3CBBF7CF1DEF.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 27

KBbottles

Reaction score
Im away this weekend again... BOO!!! I did get a couple hours digging after work today and yesterday. Posting finds now.

THE BADGER

Reaction score
hey deacon i do that also,go back after rain or just scan an area of dirt for things you just didnt see last time.kb ,that bites man maybe another time but we will take pictures of what we find and post.im going to check out your finds from today.

KBbottles

Reaction score
Thx man, hey no big deal. There will be plenty of times in the future. May is looking like a good month for me so far that'll be less busy on weekends.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Man, you do have a good eye for those smalls, always great finds - that's about all I get from Stonetown but its still fun!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960