NEW HERE

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BladeII

Reaction score
I've always been a history buff, and after doing archaeology for three summers i decided to start my own digging while at school. (I go to a boarding school)... I have been looking for older dumps, but for now i ahve only found a 1950's area with lots of ACL's and a 1920's site that has a conglomorate of medicine bottles and 1915 coca colas... I have alos found severl pepsi bottles, embossed, the have Pepsi written in larger letters than the cola part... Double dots between. The town bottling company is on the bottom. Also found two amber poisons...(they look like they would be common)...small and triangular, and ribbed on two edges with poison written on one panel...the bottoms have three fingernail like mars on them...also found a few milks and ink wells....I have gotten one of my friends hooked on bottle diggin as well...I'm still hopping to find something older (school property date back to pre civil war, plus its in the middle of a heavily trafficed civil war area..... wish I had some pics for yall.

flasherr

Reaction score
Well, good luck I hope you find a good site. I would be happy to get in to the ACL bottles. You will find most collectors here are pre 1900s but this is a great group with a wealth of knowledge.
Brian

IRISH

Reaction score
Hi BladeII, welcome to the forum [:D] .
Good to see an archaeology student with a positive interest in bottle digging, good luck with the civil war stuff [;)] .

Pontiled

Reaction score
Hi BladeII and welcome to the Forum. I was involved in Archaeology for a while in Virginia (Alexandria). It can be tough work, but it's very rewarding.

Sounds like you might need a copy of my book!

Good luck.

BladeII

Reaction score
some of the bottles i have found in the 1920's site are:
3" milk of magnesia, Aug 21 1906...with an M and a 4 on the bottom
4" Charles Ammen Chemist New Orleans, La... it has a star on it, and each point of the star has a letter and spells out AMMEN.
9" bottle with, R.V. Pierce M.D. on one side, Buffalo Ny on the other side. The front and back are plain... the side with writting are about and inch or so thick.
These are all embossed.

The Poison bottles from my other post have -67 on the bottom

Any help you can give me will be great, i'm trying to date this site as close as possible...I'm doing a presentation on all that i have found for my school's library after x'mas...I have the 50's site down to between 50-51...this 20's site i only have down to about 1917 to about 1928. I also found some inks and milk bottles from local dairies.

BladeII

Reaction score
We went down digging today, found about four more Inks's some interesting embossed drug bottles. I found two metal objects that we will try to take pictures of them soon to show.(going to need some help with those). One of the drug bottles said Le Rickett's Drugist... A virginia drugist. we also found several cokes that we had not seen yet from richmond, Va. Only one was whole. Any help you can give will be great...i know its hard right now without pictures.

Other bottles found yesterday include:
2 3/4" The Teaton Drug Company, Toronto it's clear and emossed
4 3/4" Bery's Drugist Lynchburg, Va ....amber and embossed
2" blue embossed bottle with New-Skin Co written sideways on it.
Also found white house
4" Listerine Lambert Pharmacal Company...clear embossed

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
Very nice... I don't only collect bottles from the 1800's, I collect bottles from the 18??'s all the way to the 1950's

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28