New here

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

shermanville ill

Reaction score
Not really a bottle collector yet. Started out shooting for coins, but got more interested in relic collecting over the years; interested in old places in the past, old towns, closed amusement parks, just general historical areas, enjoy the research in the winter months.
Came across a dump, deep in the woods about a 1/4 mile from any road. Ground was covered with broken glass and other junk; tested to see how far down it went and went down two feet, while discovering misc bottles intact. Made three trips to the area and pulled out about 45 bottles; 18 or so are non screw type; in the process of trying to i.d. and hope this site will help. First one I got had a F.G.W. on the bottom and I think I have it I.d. as a Fairmont.
Just introducing myself

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Shermanville, welcome to the forum. You will find many of us here are artifact hunters as well as bottle diggers/collectors. I got my start in bottles by accident while digging Military artifacts at an Indian Wars fort. I've been hooked ever since. There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum and everyone loves to help everyone else. Your bottle was indeed manufactured at the Fairmount Bottle & Glass Co. With that particular marking on the base, it would date from between 1898 and 1930. If you are able, posting pictures is a big plus to everyone here in helping identify and/or date bottles. Happy Diggin, Kelley

shermanville ill

Reaction score
Smoke,
Just got rid of my 7 year old computer and picked up a new one, still paying for it, next purchase is a camera; meanwhile I will post when I get photos developed from a regular camera.
Thanks for verifying i.d. on bot.
you and yours have a good un...........
SHERMANVILLE ILL

shermanville ill

Reaction score
Not the best, but got some photos developed. L to R #1 "KEPLER ON ALL SIDES, and WELCOME CHEMICAL WORKS ON BOTTOM; #2 Little Bo-Peep Ammonia on side; #3 FGW on bottom; #4 HINDS HONEY AND ALMOND CREAM, A.S. HINDS CO. BLOOMFIELD N.J. U.S.A.

Vt57621.jpg

Picture cropped and reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• Vt57621.jpg
    Vt57621.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 72

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide