New Jersey Pharmacy HELP

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wilkie

Reaction score
I made a new purchase and I hope someone from New Jersey (or anywhere else[:)]) can give me information on it. It is a small pharmacy bottle, bim, with embossing in a slug plate: G. H. WILKINSON, PH G / DRUGGIST & CHEMIST / MOORESTOWN, N.J. It stands abt. 5" tall.

This makes my 2nd bottle with my last name WILKINSON, embossed on it. If anyone else has a Wilkinson embossed bottle I would love to talk to you about a trade or purchase to add it to my collection.

Thanks y'all.

783502EA871E4629AA9A6133DEEFC1AC.jpg

Attachments

• 783502EA871E4629AA9A6133DEEFC1AC.jpg
    783502EA871E4629AA9A6133DEEFC1AC.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 73

Wilkie

Reaction score
sweetrelease, can you help?

sweetrelease, you're from New Jersey, right? Are there any books on NJ bottles? Do you know anything about this one?

sweetrelease

Reaction score
RE: sweetrelease, can you help?

hi , i live near there but i have never seen this bottle. now that does not mean it is rare,because like most of the east coast states new jersey has medicine bottles from most all towns big or small. as far as a book, i have " the bottle book" somewhere it list thousands of medicine bottles ,but does not list a price. i will look in it tonight and if i find anything i will post~matt

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Hey, Wilkie! You got one of those local pharmacy bottles there. In New Jersey, you can find out what town you are in by digging.. every little mom and pop store had their own bottles embossed.. that one came from a town close to Philadelphia, a part of N J where they literally made glass from the ground beneath them back in the day. I'd say 1890's.. Rare? not really.. but I've never seen one.. I wonder how it got all the way to California!!? -Charlie

Wilkie

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger
I wonder how it got all the way to California!!? -Charlie
USPS[;)] I purchased it on eBay because of my namesake "Wilkinson".

Thanks for the information! You too Matt, I appreciate it. I will be looking forward to finding out if it is listed in "the bottle book". What book are you referring to as "the bottle book"? Is it available for purchase?

sweetrelease

Reaction score
hi wilkie ,after looking around i saw i also have this bottle. i might have sold it on ebay but it is in my list of bottles "boxed" away. i'm gonna look for it later. i looked in the bottle book and found nothing on this bottle. the book i'm talking about is " the bottle book a comprehensive guide to historic embossed medicine bottles " by richard e . fike . good read i must say but a bit long winded[:-] . if i find my bottle i'll send it to you as it should be in your hands not mine[;)]. ~matt

Wilkie

Reaction score
Thank you very much Matt. Your the greatest!

I have that book too, it is a good book.

ORIGINAL: sweetrelease

hi wilkie ,after looking around i saw i also have this bottle. i might have sold it on ebay but it is in my list of bottles "boxed" away. i'm gonna look for it later. i looked in the bottle book and found nothing on this bottle. the book i'm talking about is " the bottle book a comprehensive guide to historic embossed medicine bottles " by richard e . fike . good read i must say but a bit long winded[:-] . if i find my bottle i'll send it to you as it should be in your hands not mine[;)]. ~matt

sweetrelease

Reaction score
sorry wilkie i looked everywhere and can not find it. i did find a picture of it on my "ebay" pictures so it's most likly sold,i really can't remember. if i come across it or one like it i'll get your address and send it to you. here is the pic of the one i had ~matt

CF7D23EF2EE748FBAB3F2DA8CA2E6638.jpg

Attachments

• CF7D23EF2EE748FBAB3F2DA8CA2E6638.jpg
    CF7D23EF2EE748FBAB3F2DA8CA2E6638.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 70

Wilkie

Reaction score
too bad, yours is a different variation of the one I have too. Oh well, thanks anyway, you had good intentions and I appreciate it. [:)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen