New to all this, can someone help me?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tammaramma

Reaction score
Hi

Only recently have I taken interest in antiques and collectibles but it was love at first sight. However, the more research I do the more dumb I feel [:)].

I have only made small purchases since I don't know what I'm doing LOL . I recently purchased these 2 bottles, decanters, flasks or something and can't find out anything about them. I have purchased a few reference books and have had help online before in the past few weeks but I can't find anything about these 2 things.

They are alike in shape and size. However one is pink and one is blue. The pink one reads "COURAGE" with man's face below it and a ship on the back. The blue one reads " FRIENDSHIP" with a hand shake on front and a flower or something similiar on back.

Both have a pontil ( I think) I only learned this word yesterday, and both read "Federal Law Forbids Sale or Reuse of This Bottle on the bottoms.

I will try to put pictures up and if I need to give more information, hopefully someone will let me know.

I don't think they are antique, but I do like them (the colors are gorgeous) and would appreciate any information I could learn about them[:D]

Thank you

Bz78402.jpg

Picture reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• Bz78402.jpg
    Bz78402.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 75

tammaramma

Reaction score
Here are the bottoms [:)]

Mk25524.jpg

Picture reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Admin

Attachments

• Mk25524.jpg
    Mk25524.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 74

tammaramma

Reaction score
Here are the backs

Vt56187.jpg

Attachments

• Vt56187.jpg
    Vt56187.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 78
  • Vt56187.jpg
    Vt56187.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 75

diggerjeff

Reaction score
these are newer attempts at reproductions. neither has a true pontil. the federal law statement confirms that they are not old . im sure that they held somekind of alcoholic product. they are a good decoration, but i doubt thay have any collective value.

tammaramma

Reaction score
Thank you for your time to reply and for the help, do you have any idea what the "Courage" and "Friendship" are for or if there are more like these with maybe different words, like a series? Anyone?

Thank you
Tamara

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie