New to bottle collecting - my Poisons

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

inssane99ss

Reaction score
I have begun to collect recently. So cool
Below, these are the bottles I have, most I have identified. So beautiful, I love cleaning them if I buy them a bit dirty.

Please look at the pics in this link below
http://sdrv.ms/1aP5XlC - I shared 4 pics on my SkyDrive

A couple look tumbled, but the rest are in great condition especially what I paid for them. A couple I had to "sand n' soap" them til my arms fell off, but it's worth it. Seems like nice bottles (not Buy It Now expensive) come up in spurts.
Seems like, if you are careful, estate and attic type bottles can be great finds. A couple of mine went for cheaper because of crappy photos and dirty bottles, but they cleaned up mint!
Anyway, let me know what you think!

Nick

jarhead67

Reaction score
Very nice Nick. What's that tall one in pic #1 and #4? Love seeing those poisons in a window. Nice background out that window.

inssane99ss

Reaction score
It's called Suttons on the top.I just liked how it looked and it had rust inside, and a cork, so I knew I could brighten it up - it was cheap. I got the cork out, but made a mistake. I soaked, then shook. Didn't realize that the cork in this case was hard as a rock and scuffed up some of the inside. 1000s of shakes with sand and soap got all the rust out, and I did get the cork out carefully. It has nice bubbles too, one long one at the shoulders.I haven't found much info on it, possibly had ammonia in it. Thanks for looking!

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Nice set of poisons! They all look really good together, the colors are nice and bright must be all that scrubbing lol..............

inssane99ss

Reaction score
I think some sick part of me simply enjoys cleaning up old items. I binged, lol.Once I have my own garage, it will be tough not to put a rusty 1950 Chevy 3100 pickup in there...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcarulli