New to this forum!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SkatKat

Reaction score
hey guys, i never knew there were so many people intrested in old bottles!

I found some old bottles that my grand father collected when he was alive. I would be intrested in selling them or at the very least finding out more about them. I sell stuff on ebay, but i know so little about them i didnt want to ger ripped off. So i guess my quiestion would be..how should i do this? should i list them here with pictures? or should i post them elsewhere in this forum?

Thank you,
skatKat

ronvae

Reaction score
Welcome!
You can do a couple of things:
On this forum, it is best to post a picture along with a discription that lists all the embossing & the size, on either the "What is it Pre 1900" or "What is it Post 1900". Don't worry if you guess wrong on the pre- or post- part.

Also, you can go to:
www.blm.gov/historic_bottles/index.htm
which is a fantastic site giving step-by-step instructions to date bottles.

If there are glass maker's marks on the bottle (usually the bottom), the website
www.myinsulators.com
has a great list of maker's marks with info about the companies & dates the marks were used.
Lookin' forward to seeing your pix! [:D]

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
If you can get some pics up of them the members here are pretty cool about helpin!,and also try to help ID ones with no embossing/wording on them.....

If you have a list throw it up,but put the list under the "PRE-1900 or POST-1900" forums,but if you dont know what year they are then post them I guess-I think the MODS will help ya in the direction where to post.....

SkatKat

Reaction score
Me again, i posted pics, plus all the info i could get off the bottles themselves in the identification section. I Tried using that website, but being someone who knows little or nothing about bottles, i found it kind of confusing. Sorry it took me so long. Been very busy with work of late.

Thanks,
Skatkat

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn