New unique Pepsi Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jblaylock

Reaction score
Okay, so I was browsing Ebay and saw this bottle had just been listed. It is in rough shape, but appeared to be an all white version as seen in the Ayers Guide from Sedonia MO. There was some damage and the label was in poor shape, but it was only a couple dollars so I bought it. Unfortunately, there was only 1 photo and you couldn't zoom in. Fast forward to now when I received the bottle.
IMG_4646.JPG
I opened the package and was a little disappointed. It appears, what I thought was an all white center version is a Red, White, & Blue with the blue missing. I'm not sure of the ACL process. Did they lay white paint down, then the red and blue over that? There is a spot of, what seems to be, blue on the bottom.
IMG_4647.JPG
So, I'm thinking...well, I jumped the gun and even a couple dollars is too much for this bottle......or is it. I've never seen an acl with the red marks on the upper label.
IMG_4648.JPG
Then after closer inspection...I've never seen one with the basket weave design on the bottom of the bottle
IMG_4650.JPG
IMG_4651.JPG
One the back, the label is gone, but I can make out Baltimore MD. It is a 1945 Duraglass bottle. The bottom weave so all the way around the bottle. We had a good discussion on the Pepsi design here: https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/PEPSICOLA-DECO-BASKETWEAVE-SODA-BOTTLE-DESIGN-PATTERN-m623330.aspxBob did a lot of digging to bring us some information. This being a 1945, it's one of the earliest ACL versions. Due to the label, it's probably not worth much, so it is a good example of a 'standardized' bottle variant.

TJSJHART

Reaction score
IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN A PAPER LABEL THAT THEY PAINTED...NOT TO SURE ABOUT IT.

ACLbottles

Reaction score
I don't think that is a RWB bottle. Too bad it's in that shape, I believe that's a pretty rare bottle.

iggyworf

Reaction score
Hopefully you stumbled upon something new? I hope more info sufaces on it. None of mine have that weave on the bottom. Nice get!

jblaylock

Reaction score
Who's that guys who has the huge Pepsi collection in his house? Most of the Ayers Guide photo are his bottles? I may get in touch with him.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I had this picture in my photo file and titled it 'Pepsi-Cola Bottle Rare Label' but I do not recall where I got it from. Nor can I tell whether it has the basket weave around the base. I can see some small acl words below the label but cannot make out what they say ...

Attachments

• 9433362e80624a0cb4bb106173127660.jpg
    9433362e80624a0cb4bb106173127660.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 92

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler