New way to get bottles?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Stickeygreen4476

Reaction score
I have been collecting for about a year. I love to dig but my life is too hectic to fit it in. It’s great that eBay has so many bottles that can be purchased, however having limited finances the shipping alone on the bottles is more than I’m willing to pay for the bottle it self. Does anybody know a way to get common hutches, sodas and beers with out paying more for shipping than the bottle is worth?

Ps This site is great, I’ve been a long time lurker, and just signed up.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Stickey,
One way that I've seen to pile on hutches without much expense is at a local bottle show. Sometimes sellers will put boxes of bottles under the table for a buck apiece (or the like). Most of these will be common or they might have damage, but you can get some deals -epscially if you wait until most of the crowd has left and you offer to take them off of their hands so that they don't have to take all of that junk back home.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Bob is right, that's a sure fire way to "bottle up" with cheap ones.. a less predictable yet affordable way is to hit the flea market, though, depending where you live, the season is kind of winding down now.. good luck, and welcome out of the shadows! [;)]

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cyberdigger

Bob is right, that's a sure fire way to "bottle up" with cheap ones.. a less predictable yet affordable way is to hit the flea market, though, depending where you live, the season is kind of winding down now.. good luck, and welcome out of the shadows! [;)]
Charlie you know what's funny, by me the local flea market doesn't start until october and runs until the spring, kinda backwards...but I love it

epackage

Reaction score
Hi Stickey, another way is to go on craigslist for your local area. This way you can post a "wanted ad" for bottles and find local bottles that you can pick-up in your travels without having to pay for shipping.... I do this alot...try also finding e-bay sellers within a certain range of your house, there is a setting on the search page for within certain mileages, this way you can just drive over an get them and save a ton on shipping, just be sure to ask the seller first before bidding if they allow local pick-up. I do that alot as well......Jim

Stickeygreen4476

Reaction score
I went to Forks of the Delaware Show Bethlehem, PA last year and got many bottles for around a dollar. A bottle infusion once a year is not enough lol. The search continues.

bikerchic

Reaction score
I'll be hittin" Santa up this year for sure! As far as I know, we only have one bottle show a year around here. I wish there were more. An antique show just isn't the same I'm sure.
ORIGINAL: lobeycat

Try Santa Claus. Works for me sometimes

buzzkutt033

Reaction score
hi stickey,

i live about 20 miles northwest from the bottle show you attended. do you live in the area??

let me know, maybe we can get together and do some bottle huntin'

jim

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Yeah, Stickster, where are you? I got a few I can let go cheap if you're ever in Jackson...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenGlassNDrivewayRocks