NEWBY (VIRGINIA TO MARYLAND) Digging

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

mwdigger

Reaction score
So I have recently found a new hobby. I am guessing you all have a pretty good idea what it is. I started going to flea markets/still have to try and auction/antique shops and discovering what neat finds are out there. I have been watching bottles on ebay and they possibly could be from some of you all, that I wanted to pick up. In doing my research of the bottles I came to your site which brought light to a whole new aspect of collecting. I live in the Reston VA area, but grew up around Catonsville/Ellicott City area. Probably walked by a thousands of great spots to dig just never realized this stuff was there. Plus what better way to add a bottle to your first collection then to find it yourself. All that to say I would love to get started in this and I see alot of you dig in the Ellicott City area. I am sure you don't want to post your spots on here but would like to know where to dig and where to look whether around here in Reston VA area or back up in the Ellicott City area. Being new to this I am sure you obviously need a shovel some gloves but would like some advice on where to go or to meet up with someone who has done this before. I read through a lot of the posts about looking for dumps/old houses that might have had a dumping area. But unsure of myself of how you found alot of these places. Any help would be appreciated.

CWBookAuthor

Reaction score
Welcome to Reston! That's where my daughter lives! Can't help you on any digging spots because they mostly have been dug or under a home now.

Mike

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
you might want to attend a meeting at the local bottle club (Potomac Bottle Collectors). They dont meet too far from where you are (Bethesda)

mwdigger

Reaction score
Thanks for the info I will check out the Bethesda meeting.

As to digging I am open to digging any where in the Norhtern Virginia/ Maryland area.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles