Niagara Dry Ginger Ale Soda can

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
noticed this one on ebay the other day and though it was a neat can , a Niagara Dry can from the 70's era ? on side of can says bottled by pepsi cola Montreal although Niagara dry was always based out of Niagara Falls Ontario . not sure what year it lasted till but was a fairly popular soda back then .

never found any of there cans before but have found some green ginger ale bottles before

niagaradry-gingerale.jpg
niagaradry-gingerale.jpg
niagaradry-gingerale1.jpg
niagaradry-gingerale1.jpg

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
noticed this one on ebay the other day and though it was a neat can , a Niagara Dry can from the 70's era ? on side of can says bottled by pepsi cola Montreal although Niagara dry was always based out of Niagara Falls Ontario . not sure what year it lasted till but was a fairly popular soda back then .

never found any of there cans before but have found some green ginger ale bottles before

View attachment 224232View attachment 224232View attachment 224233View attachment 224233

Is the can in the link the can you bought?, if not, what style top does it have?....Edit, I see it wasn't listed as sold, kinda wondering if they really bring that kind of money.

RCO

Reaction score
Is the can in the link the can you bought?, if not, what style top does it have?....Edit, I see it wasn't listed as sold, kinda wondering if they really bring that kind of money.

I didn't buy the can or make an offer , anything like that , just posted it cause it was interesting

not sure what a Niagara dry can would go for , good condition Niagara dry items do seem to sell , bottles and such

Canadacan

Reaction score
That is one that shows up fairly often, of course I don't have that variation with the 284ml shown in my collection and I need it!..lol.
For that condition and era it's over priced...it's also a pull top btw.
I have the earlier version pull top (circa 1968) with 10 FL OZ -10 OZ LIQ. They kept the same graphic from the late 60's right into the 1980's
The three versions I have are SS pull top 10 FL OZ wide seam , SS button top 280ml with bar code and glued seam, and a 280ml formed steel button top which does not have the metallic paint...the photo pretty much shows the differences that I did not note.
They are indeed interesting cans! ....I believe this was a new label style around 1967-68
20210428_104654.jpg

Last edited:

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
That is one that shows up fairly often, of course I don't have that variation with the 284ml shown in my collection and I need it!..lol.
For that condition and era it's over priced...it's also a pull top btw.
I have the earlier version pull top (circa 1966-68) with 10 FL OZ -10 OZ LIQ. They kept the same graphic from the late 60's right into the 1980's
The three versions I have are SS pull top 10 FL OZ wide seam , SS button top 280ml with bar code and glued seam, and a 280ml formed steel button top which does not have the metallic paint...the photo pretty much shows the differences that I did not note.
They are indeed interesting cans!
View attachment 224244

As I'm not "in the know" on these cans because I don't collect them, were these produced by Crush?

Canadacan

Reaction score
As I'm not "in the know" on these cans because I don't collect them, were these produced by Crush?
No this was a Pepsi product, I don't know what year Pepsi bought them out...possibly it was in conjunction with the updated label in the late 60's.

RCO

Reaction score
No this was a Pepsi product, I don't know what year Pepsi bought them out...possibly it was in conjunction with the updated label in the late 60's.

did Pepsi distribute it nationally ? if so surprised I haven't found one in the wild yet , found a lot of rusted cans the last couple years

Canadacan

Reaction score
did Pepsi distribute it nationally ? if so surprised I haven't found one in the wild yet , found a lot of rusted cans the last couple years
Yes it went national in 68...as per this Vancouver ad suggests 'Here's a new friend'
Niagara Dry- The Vancouver Sun, 26 Sep 1968, Thu, Main Edition, Page 75
Niagara Dry- The Vancouver Sun, 26 Sep 1968, Thu, Main Edition, Page 75 .jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese