no diggers in the chicago area?????????????

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

monsterdigger

Reaction score
It seems like every month i find a turn of the century pit, seriously. I cant find anyone in illinois that likes digging for bottles. I try to dig by myself ofcourse whenever i have spare time but its boring by myself, i feel like a loser in the woods by myself. Anyone out there that might want to help dig?

Andyf

Reaction score
I try to dig by myself ofcourse whenever i have spare time but its boring by myself, i feel like a loser in the woods by myself.

Hi monsterdigger,

I regularly dig on my own, no need to feel like a loser! The losers are the people sitting at home with their feet up watching a game. Having a hobby or interest is something to be proud of.

Andyf

dirtflicker

Reaction score
I agree with Andy 100%.....I dig alone a lot as well and feel just fine....in fact sometimes I enjoy digging alone, it gives me some quiet time in this busy life!

lexdigger

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree as well! I kind of enjoy digging alone myself. It's nice a peacefull, you don't have to split the bottles, and you get to start and finish when you want to! The only downside to it for me is when I get into a hole where I could use a bucket man. When that happens, I just call a friend or family member and ask them to come help out. Just be carefull though, that's a good way to create a monster! I've already got two of my friends hooked on bottle digging. Before they dug with me, they used to think I was crazy for even wanting to do it. Now they are Always wanting to come dig with me, especially if it's on a good spot!!! LOL I find it hard to believe there aren't Any bottle diggers in Chicago? Have you contacted Digger Odell? If anyone would know if there are any in your area, it'd be him. Chris Capley

madman

Reaction score
he chris i agree with you totaly !! hey monster, i dig alone most the time, more for me!! theres just somthing about being out in the woods breathing the fresh air stress relief mike

krash5354gd

Reaction score
i love to collect old bottles. a friend of mine was just telling me about people who dig for them. i am from mississippi, and would really like to know how do you find sites to dig, and what all does it take to do it. it sounds like fun, and i could add to my collection.

madman

Reaction score
yo krash, check out your local woods, or river bank, youll need a shovel hand rake also a saw or pruners for roots good luck mike

mudmonkey

Reaction score
Been digging by myself for 20 years.Everybody thinks i'm nuts digging for bottles!

bottleboy311

Reaction score
Digging alone can be fun, it gives you time to reflect on everything without sombody saying anything. But there can be problems. Some time ago, a freind of mine, who has dug for years, was digging alone in a privy behind a old abandend house. Something happened to the stucture of the hole and next thing he knew he was neck high in dirt and mud. He was able to get himself out but he said if the hole had been any deeper the dirt could have been over his head. He always digs with a buddy now.

Lee

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrykevin