no seams

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

preditor

Reaction score
i got this bottle from a friend. i never posted on before 1900 i hope im right about this one hope someone can help date maybe even price this bottle i can find no seams on this bottle except on the bottom i'm also posting the label and the bottom i also have two more bottles to post
Thanks Preditor

Ol31382.jpg

Attachments

• Ol31382.jpg
    Ol31382.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 85

KentOhio

Reaction score
If there are no seams, it means it was spun in the mold to remove them. It's either from a wooden mold or an iron mold with paste inside to allow it to spin. Probably c. 1880-1890. Value might be $15, in my opinion.

LaidBackJack

Reaction score
Turn-molds will usually have twist marks in the glass of the neck, stretched bubbles, etc. that also give away their origin.

preditor

Reaction score
it does feel like there are some marks around the neck and the glass does have air bubbles in it can you tell from the pic of the bottom if this is a pontiled bottle I dont know what one looks like
thanks Preditor

kumtow

Reaction score
Your picture isn't really clear enough to tell if it is pontiled or not. The light source is comming from the wrong direction. Some of the later improved pontils can be difficult to pick. From experience, with British and Australian bottles, spun molds and pontils don't really go together. Maybe American bottles are different.

David E

Reaction score
No help , but according to picture in Richard Fike book top is brandy or wine.
Dave

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1