not a bottle but I found a speedball cap

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

splante

Reaction score
Those who know my quest for RI acls bottles may appreciate this. While at a antique store today I noticed a box with little baggies of soda caps stapled togeather/ After going through abot 20 bags of all the normal finds I almost put the box down when this caught my eye. Its a speedball corked lined grape soda cap in unused almost mint condition.(the last one sold on ebay for $35.00) can you tell Iam a little psyched/ paid $4.00 for the bag

E7BF870DFD5E4202A6601DAC03473798.jpg

Attachments

• E7BF870DFD5E4202A6601DAC03473798.jpg
    E7BF870DFD5E4202A6601DAC03473798.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 96

splante

Reaction score
lol on the trucker pills...Iam thinking after seeing only one style speedball bottle and this is the first cap I have in hand, that they used the same bottle and the cap told you the flavor. Ive see this with others like Batchelors beverages for example

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Nice find! I have a Lemmy ACL too, but in poor condition. I actually dug 3 Speeballs today. One cleaned up alright. The other looked a little funny, and a few minutes later the entire label was on the table! I'm letting the last one dry out.

green dragon

Reaction score
Nice score :)

I need to get out and hunt - did find a few commons Saturday while out stopped at a couple smaller antique malls.

Usually not much locally to be found, selelrs are all going striaght to ebay, even with common and cheaper stuff, definately with anything better.

Happy for you that you got a good one.

~ AL

splante

Reaction score
thanks green dragon its one Ive been looking for without any success untill the other day. I agree most go on line before they price anything, then they wonder why things sit in the store for months on end. I have seen a sign I like its been in the same spot for almost 2 years and they wont come down saying a similer one sold on ebay for that price. I have seen ebay range as much as 80%, I sold abottle for $100,then another of the same by someone else sold for $20, so the correct perceived value is most likely in the midde.A lot of the "antique malls" want top $$. I have better luck with the smaller antique stores where you deal with the owner, and not someone who is renting space. I have found good deals in the malls , but few and far between. You can score when someone decides to pull out of the mall and let their items go at 50%..sorry got long winded on that...
one more note now I need to find a used one to recap my speedball bottle

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson