Not your usual size.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

atticmint

Reaction score
Found this today, not the usual smaller Parke, Davis, but 8 inches tall [:D]

Lj23026.jpg

Attachments

• Lj23026.jpg
    Lj23026.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 90

Jim

Reaction score
You don't see many of those! This is the largest size of the KR-9 Parke-Davis poison. It is rare, and valued at $400+. The original label makes it even more desirable. These large-size ones were generally used by doctors and hospitals, and due to their large size they were easily broken when thrown away. Great find! Jim

atticmint

Reaction score
Your gonna hate this reply...When I found it, the bottle was half full of pills (blue coffin shaped) with half a broken cork. I know its worth a lot more with the pills in it but if I decided to sell it to someone in the U.S. I would have to remove them anyway. Plus I would rather not have this mercury compound in my house even if it is a small percentage.
I think I will hold onto this one for awhile [;)]
Thanks for the info.

Jim

Reaction score
I can't blame you for getting rid of the contents. As much as I love poison bottles, I am not a fan of poisons themselves! Mercury bichloride is nasty stuff, and from what I understand it remains corrosive and dangerous indefinitely. Just be careful not to touch it! With the original label intact, getting rid of the contents actually won't hurt the value for most collectors. Also, as you said, it keeps you out of trouble should you ever decide to ship the bottle to anyone. I would hang on to this bottle as well. There aren't many of them around, and the value should appreciate nicely over the years. Thanks for sharing your great find. Jim

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28