'nuther nuked one on eBay, slug soda,

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bikegoon

Reaction score
nUkEd[:mad:]

A few weeks ago, we took our products down to louisville and set up at the expo center, well next door they had a big antiques show going on there was some cat there...he must have had 200-300 bottles, some real nice ones, almost everyone was a nice deep shade of purple.......

I acted the dummy and said, wow! you find these like this?!
He replied, yup......

Fricking shame.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-PURPLE-AMETHYST-SS-STRAIGHT-SIDE-SLUG-SODA-GEORGIA_W0QQitemZ180189913556QQihZ008QQcategoryZ13915QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQtrksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Arob

Reaction score
Bike Goon,

What is happening with www.bottlecache.com ? I keep hoping that one of these days when I click the link (as it IS your signature) it will open!

idigjars

Reaction score
Harold, thanks for sharing the link and story with us. Yes it is a shame that folks can't be up front with you about these nuked bottles. It's a help for newbies when information like this is shared though so hats off to you sir.

I have to admit that some of these purple bottles and jars are pretty to an extent but they are not rare by any means because of the enhancement by mechanical means.

I wouldn't want a whole display case of them or anything but one or two look okay when added to the rest of a collection. Paul

bikegoon

Reaction score
Paul, amen to that

Arob, thanks for your interest in my site, the site is down for a bit longer, between work and such it was impossible to maintain, it has every thing from A thru Z with bottles, keep an eye out for it!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcarulli