odd bottle top, screw on dosage bottle top

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DeaconDave

Reaction score
I have been sitting on hundreds of bottles that I dug up in Vallejo CA 23 years ago.for the last week I have been cleaning, sorting and boxing them. I came across a bottle that is is sealed and threaded on the bottom, and has threads for a cap on the top. It looks like a christmas light, it has ribs on it, top to bottom and around the middle. Between the ribs is embossed with the following in order l to r. "3/4 oz AVOR pat appld for". Measurments are as follows: heigth-2 3/4", width at center- 1 7/8", top width at cap 1 3/16", bottom width 1 7/8". I am new at posting and hope to get better in the future.
if anyone can id this i would appreciate it. thanks

DeaconDave
La Mesa CA

Tony14

Reaction score
sounds to me like a candy container. I might have one sitting around here....i think it was supposed to be a lantern or something

DeaconDave

Reaction score
Tony - thanks for responding. A candy container could be the answer. But with a 3/4 ounce measure it doesn't sound like it was meant for candy. the base of the bottle screws into another bottle with inside threads. when I was a kid if you were lucky and had a nickel you could buy a paper bag of candy from any candy store in town.
I am cleaning inks at this time, if I run into a carter cone ink I will be glad to send it to you. I have lots of sanfords cones, both large and small.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960