Old Bottle ID

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Wellcome: I have to tell every one to go to Barnes & Nobel, and buy the book regarding Antique Bottles by Michael Polak. I have read four of his editions so far, and it covers three part molds, which I have decided yours is. The process of turning reduces the seam marks and sometimes shows surface rubbing marks on the glass. It will often cause - nearly vertical lines under the finish, which can slope right or left depending on which way the bottle maker turned his blow pipe.I have eight of these in my collection.[h3]I expect to die soon. At 86 your expediency reduces daily, but my bottles give me my biggest pleasures. I now have 77+ years and only today I was fondlingf my bottle #1 - a little half pint milk bottle. RED Matthews[/h3]

gwbh

Reaction score
RED Matthews said:
Wellcome: I have to tell every one to go to Barnes & Nobel, and buy the book regarding Antique Bottles by Michael Polak. I have read four of his editions so far, and it covers three part molds, which I have decided yours is. The process of turning reduces the seam marks and sometimes shows surface rubbing marks on the glass. It will often cause - nearly vertical lines under the finish, which can slope right or left depending on which way the bottle maker turned his blow pipe.I have eight of these in my collection.[h3]I expect to die soon. At 86 your expediency reduces daily, but my bottles give me my biggest pleasures. I now have 77+ years and only today I was fondlingf my bottle #1 - a little half pint milk bottle. RED Matthews[/h3]
Thanks for the info, that makes sense. I think you must be correct. Very cool I will cherish this bottle for years to come. And I will pick up that book soon as I plant on finding more antique bottles in the future. -Will

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause